Indiana, PA - Indiana County

THOSE OLD PHOTOS

by Submitted photo on April 07, 2013 2:00 AM

A segment of one of the locks of the Pennsylvania Canal between Blairsville and Saltsburg is visible in this old photo, from the collection of county historian John Busovicki, of Clymer.

The Feb. 25, 1826, Act of the General Assembly authorized the building of the 400-mile-long canal from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh. The canal reached Blairsville and Saltsburg in 1829.

Next Article
DODGERS 1, PIRATES 0: Kershaw blanks Bucs
April 07, 2013 1:50 AM
Related Articles
Comments
Disclaimer: Copyright © 2014 Indiana Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.