Brewery built more than a century ago in Indiana
In 1904, the Shryock Hill Brewing Co. began building this brewery at the site of the old waterworks on Oak Street in Indiana.
A license was obtained in 1905 and the name of the brewery became Indian Brewing Co. This lager beer was produced here in 1907 and advertised as a “tonic,” which “tones up the nervous system, restores wasted tissues, nourishes and invigorates both body and brain.”
There were 35 employees with a payroll of $45,000 in 1907. In 1941, the Greiner Baking Co. moved into this building and continued their baking business until the plant closed in November of 1960.
County historian John Busovicki, of Clymer, submitted this photo. (Submitted photo)