BRUSH VALLEY: Supervisors elect 2014 officers
BRUSH VALLEY — The Brush Valley Township supervisors reorganized Monday, electing David Overdorff as their chairman and Samuel Kerr as vice chairman.
Other positions elected were:
• Robin Brilhart, secretary
• Michele Papakie, treasurer
• Tom Wallace, vacancy board member
• Scott Overdorff, roadmaster
• William Schulick, solicitor
• Robert A. Ofman, emergency management coordinator
• Gloria Mitchell, collector of local taxes and delinquent taxes
The supervisors also set meetings for the first Monday of the month at 7 p.m. at the fire hall, with the exception of September, which will be the first Tuesday.
At a regular meeting Monday, the supervisors:
• Announced they will submit an application for a dirt and gravel grant for Old Mission Road.
Officials are requesting $4,517 for materials and would provide $1,767.30 of in-kind contributions of equipment and labor.
• Renewed membership with the Historical & Genealogical Society of Indiana County for $60.
• Appointed the following delegates to the Indiana County Tax Collection Committee: Brilhart, delegate; Papakie, first alternate; and Overdorff, second alternate.
• Approved the following purchases: Dewalt tool combo kit, $219; Dewalt grinder, $99; 60-gallon air compressor, $649.99; and portable radio, $1,466.80.