Hotel once hub of activity in mining town
The Capitol Hotel in Glen Campbell is pictured on the right during the early 1900s.
Glen Campbell, founded in 1889 by the Glenwood Coal Company, was the first major coal mining town in Indiana County.
The mines in this area were serviced by the Clearfield and Jefferson Railroad.
This photo is from the collection of Indiana County historian John Busovicki, of Clymer. (Submitted photo)