Library lists week of free programs
The Indiana Free Library welcomes you to a full slate of free fall programs for all ages the week of Nov. 17:
• The Shape of the Letter, 10:30 to 11 a.m.: “The Letter H.” This is an introduction to reading and the alphabet. For pre-readers. (Children’s department)
• IFL Book Club, 7 p.m.: “In the Company of the Courtesan, by Sarah Dunant.” Refreshments. (Reading Area)
• Toddler Tales, 10:30 a.m.: “Building a Scarecrow.” Especially for 1- and 2-year-olds. (Children’s department)
• Dr. Marcus History Lecture, 1 p.m.: “Two Roads through the Great Society: Liberalism and Communism.” Liberalism and Communism have dominated the ideological and institutional battles of the 20th century. The demise of Communism is not the end of the story, as a third force emerged in the 21st century. This force was visible in the activities of Occupy Wall Street, the writings of Tony Judt, and other social democrats in Swedish society. Refreshments. (Reading Area)
• Preschool Story Time, 10:30 a.m.: “Thanksgiving Is Coming!” With Thanksgiving just over a week away, explore the traditions and history of this important American holiday. An “Indian Corn” decoration will be made. For children ages 3-5. (Children’s department)
• Knitting Class, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.: Learn to knit or improve your skills in this free six-week class. Beginners and experienced knitters welcome. (Community Room)
• Holiday Craft Night, 7 p.m.: “Fabulous Felt Star Ornament.” Make a one-of-a-kind star for the Christmas tree or as a gift or to hang in a window. For adults and children over age 12. Space is limited.
• Crafty Wednesday, 7 p.m.: “Thanksgiving Wall Decoration.” For all ages. (Children’s department)
• Book Babies, 10:30 a.m.: “The Ball Bounced.” For little ones from birth to 18 months. (Children’s department)
• Classics Book Club, 10:30 a.m.: “Beowulf.” (Reading Area)
• Pins and Patches Quilting Group, 1 to 3 p.m.: Beginners and experienced quilters welcome. No experience necessary. Refreshments provided. (Community Room)
• Thursdays 101, 2 p.m.: “Get Your Email On.” Thursdays 101 is offering a beginners email class for you to create and learn how to use email. To reserve a spot, please sign up at the Circulation desk. (Community Room)
• Elementary School Age Program, 11 to 11:30 a.m.: “Thanksgiving Traditions.” (Children’s department)
The Indiana Free Library is located at Ninth and Philadelphia streets. All programs are free and open to the public.
Visit www.indianafreelibrary.com or call (724) 465-8841 for more information.