REGIONAL ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh present the following special exhibits:
• Carnegie Museum of Natural History, 4400 Forbes Ave.: “The Hunt: A Tlingit Totem Pole Carving and Installation,” by artist Tommy Joseph, permanent exhibition
• Carnegie Science Center, One Allegheny Avenue: new movies “Mysteries of the Unseen World” and “Animalopolis”; laser shows on Fridays and Saturdays: Lasers of Oz, Laser Michael Jackson, Laser Led Zeppelin, Laser Daft Punk, Laser Aerosmith vs. Guns ’N Roses, Lasermau5 and “The Vision Bell: the Best of Laser Floyd”; Omnimax films “To the Arctic,” “Hubble” and “Flight of the Butterflies.” Visit www.carnegiesciencecenter.org for a complete schedule of showtimes.
• The Andy Warhol Museum, 117 Sandusky St.: through April 24: “Halston and Warhol: Silver and Suede.” Ongoing: “I Just Want to Watch: Warhol’s Film, Video and Television.”
For more information, call (412) 622-3131 or go to www.carnegiemuseums.org.
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Old Post Office Building, Allegheny Center, Pittsburgh, presents “XOXO: Love and Forgiveness” exhibit, through Aug. 31. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Sunday. Call (412) 322-5058 or go to https://pittsburghkids.org.
The Frick, 7227 Reynolds St., Pittsburgh, presents:
• Ongoing: Works from the permanent collection including Jean-Francois Millet works on paper and Renaissance and Baroque bronzes
• An American Odyssey: The Warner Collection of American Paintings, through May 25
Visit thefrickpittsburgh.org for more information.
The Johnstown Flood Museum, 304 Washington St., Johnstown, is presenting “From Scholarships to Souvenirs: Telling the Story of the Johnstown Flood,” an exhibit dedicated to the enduring place the flood has held in pop culture. For more information, call (814) 539-1889 or go to www.jaha.org.
Mattress Factory, 500 Sampsonia Way, Pittsburgh, presents a site-specific installation by Chihura Shiota, whose works focus on the body with relation to place and space, through summer 2014. For information, call (412) 231-3169 or go to www.mattress.org.
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1 Schenley Park, Oakland, will present the Tropical Forest: India Show through April 20.
Regular hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Call (412) 622-6915 for more information or visit phipps.conservatory.org.
Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium, Pittsburgh, will feature Penguins on Parade, at 11:30 a.m. Saturdays and Sundays through March 30, weather permitting. Go to www.pittsburghzoo.com for more information.
Sen. John Heinz History Center, 1212 Smallman St., Pittsburgh, presents:
• “Pittsburgh: A Tradition of Innovation,” ongoing
• “From Slavery to Freedom,” ongoing
• “Clash of the Empires: The British, French & Indian War, 1754-1763,” ongoing
• “Glass Shattering Notions,” ongoing
Regular hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Call (412) 454-6000 for more information.
The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art presents the following exhibits:
• Altoona, 1212 11th Ave.: “Dan Helsel: Creating Joy,” through April 26; “Robert E. Wedge: A Moment of Emotion,” through April 26.
• Ligonier Valley, 1 Boucher Lane, Route 711, Ligonier: “Artists of the 21st Century,” annual student exhibit, through April 17.
• Loretto: “Artists of the 21st Century,” annual student exhibit, through Saturday; “Projections on Paper: Abstract Prints and Drawings from the Permanent Collection,” through May 3.
For more information, go to www.sama-art.org.
Flight 93 National Memorial, Shanksville. Winter hours: 9 a.m. opening, with last entry at 4:30 p.m. The park closes at 5 p.m. Open seven days a week. Admission is free. Visit www.nps.gov for more information.
Steel City Con, toy, comic book and pop culture convention, will be held from Friday through Sunday at the Monroeville Convention Center, Monroeville. Hours are 1 to 9 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Three-day passes are $25, single-day passes are $15 and children younger than 5 are admitted free. Scheduled to appear are wrestler Bruno Sammartino and actors Travis Love, Lee Majors, Nicholas Brendon, Jonathan Frakes, Cindy Williams, Brent Spiner, Lou Ferrigno Dermot Crowley, Femi Taylor, Parker Stevenson and Mackenzie Lintz. To purchase tickets, go to www.steelcitycon.com.
Consol Energy Center, 1001 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh, will present:
• Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band, April 22
• Lady Gaga, 7 p.m. May 8
• Rod Stewart and Carlos Santana, May 27
For more information, call (412) 642-1800 or go to www.consolenergycenter.com.
First Niagara Pavilion, Burgettstown, presents:
• Brad Paisley, May 17, with Leah Turner and Charlie Worsham
• Tim McGraw, June 6, with Kip Moore and Cassadee Pope
• Backstreet Boys, June 14, with Avril Lavigne
• A Very Special Evening with the Dave Matthews Band, June 28
• Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band, July 23
• Rascal Flatts, July 26, with Sheryl Crow and Gloriana
• OneRepublic, Aug. 8
• Toby Keith, Aug 9
• Mötley Crüe, Aug. 13
• Lady Antebellum, Aug. 23, with Billy Currington and Joe Nichols
Tickets available at livenation.com or by calling (800) 745-3000.
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, will present Luke Bryan and his 2014 “My Kind of Night” tour on June 21. Also on the bill are Dierks Bentley, Lee Brice and Cole Swindell. Ticket information available at www.megaticket.com.
Heinz Hall, Pittsburgh, will present Tony Bennett, 8 p.m. May 16.
Call (412) 392-4900 for tickets, or the Heinz Hall box office.
The Palace Theatre, 21 W. Otterman St., Greensburg, will present:
• Mark Lowry, 7:30 p.m. April 24
• Bill Engvall, 6:30 and 9:30 p.m. May 2
• Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Experience, 8 p.m. May 14
• Vince Gill, 8 p.m. May 15
• The Monkees, 8 p.m. May 28
• A Night of Doowop, 7 p.m. July 19, with the Drifters, Coasters and Crystals
• Englebert Humperdinck, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 15
For ticket information, call (724) 836-8000 or go to www.thepalacetheatre.org.
PNC Park, Pittsburgh, will present Jason Aldean and his 2014 “Burn It Down” tour on July 26. Also on the bill are Miranda Lambert, Florida Georgia Line and Tyler Farr. Ticket information available at www.megaticket.com or www.jasonaldean.com.
Pittsburgh CLO presents “Judge Jackie Justice,” through April 27 at The Cabaret at Theater Square, 655 Penn Ave.
Showtimes are 7:30 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday; 2 p.m. matinees Saturday and Sunday. Closed Monday and Tuesday.
For more information, call (412) 456-6666 or go to www.pittsburghclo.org.