REGIONAL ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh present the following special exhibits:
• Carnegie Museum of Art, 4400 Forbes Ave.: The 2013 Carnegie International, through March 16
• Carnegie Science Center, One Allegheny Avenue: “BIKES: Science on Two Wheels,” through Wednesday. Laser shows on Fridays: 7 p.m., Motown (also 3 p.m. daily); 8 p.m., Bob Marley (also 1 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays); 9 p.m., No Doubt; 10 p.m., Nirvana; 11 p.m., Skrillex; midnight, Pink Floyd; Omnimax films “To the Arctic,” “Hubble” and “Flight of the Butterflies”
• The Andy Warhol Museum, 117 Sandusky St.: “Yasumasa Morimura: Theater of the Self,” through Jan. 12; Ongoing: “I Just Want to Watch: Warhol’s Film, Video and Television”
For more information, call (412) 622-3131 or go to www.carnegiemuseums.org.
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Old Post Office Building, Allegheny Center, Pittsburgh, presents Tape Scape, through Jan. 12. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Sunday. Call (412) 322-5058 or go to https://pittsburghkids.org.
The Frick, 7227 Reynolds St., Pittsburgh, presents “Civil War Era Drawings from the Becker Collection,” through Jan. 12. Visit thefrickpittsburgh.org for more information.
The Johnstown Flood Museum, 304 Washington St., Johnstown, is presenting “From Scholarships to Souvenirs: Telling the Story of the Johnstown Flood,” an exhibit dedicated to the enduring place the flood has held in pop culture. For more information, call (814) 539-1889 or go to www.jaha.org.
Mattress Factory, 500 Sampsonia Way, Pittsburgh, presents a site-specific installation by Chihura Shiota, whose works focus on the body with relation to place and space, through summer 2014. For information, call (412) 231-3169 or go to www.mattress.org.
Miller Gallery at Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh, presents “Alien She,” through Feb. 16. The exhibition examines the lasting impact of Riot Grrrl on artists and cultural producers working today. For more information, go to www.cmu.edu/millergallery. Hours are noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1 Schenley Park, Oakland, will present the Winter Light Garden and Flower Show, through Jan. 12.
Regular hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Call (412) 622-6915 for more information or visit phipps.conservatory.org.
Sen. John Heinz History Center, 1212 Smallman St., Pittsburgh, presents:
• “Poptastic!: The Art of Burton Morris,” through Feb. 23
• “Pittsburgh: A Tradition of Innovation,” ongoing
• “From Slavery to Freedom,” ongoing
• “Clash of the Empires: The British, French & Indian War, 1754-1763,” ongoing
• “Glass Shattering Notions,” ongoing.
Regular hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Call (412) 454-6000 for more information.
The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art presents the following exhibits:
• Altoona, 1212 11th Ave.: “Artists in Our Midst: Art in Common Annual Juried Exhibition,” through Jan. 11; “Dan Helsel: Creating Joy,” Jan. 17-April 26; “Robert E. Wedge: A Moment of Emotion,” Jan. 17-April 26
• Ligonier Valley, 1 Boucher Lane, Route 711, Ligonier: Southwestern Council for the Arts 18th annual Regional Juried Art Exhbition, through Feb. 9
• Loretto: “Comfort Zone: Pennsylvania and the ‘Foreign’ Landscape,” through Jan. 25; “Projections on Paper: Abstract Prints and Drawings from the Permanent Collection,” Jan. 10-May 3
For more information, go to www.sama-art.org.
Western Pennsylvania Model Railroad Museum, 5507 Lakeside Drive, Gibsonia, presents the 26th annual Holiday Train Display through Jan. 12. Hours are Fridays 6 to 9 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Dec. 27, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Closed Dec. 24, 25 and Jan. 1. Go to www.wpmrm.org or call (724) 444-6944 for more information.
Consol Energy Center, 1001 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh, will present:
• Sesame Street Live: Can’t Stop Singing, Jan. 10-12
• Jay-Z, Jan 21
• WWE Royal Rumble, Jan. 26
• Monster Jam, Feb. 14-16
• Billy Joel, Feb. 21
For more information, call (412) 642-1800 or go to www.consolenergycenter.com.
Heinz Hall, Pittsburgh, will present:
• Christmas with The Rat Pack, Live at the Sands, through Sunday
• Mama Mia!, Feb. 11-16.
Call (412) 392-4900 for tickets.
Stage AE, 400 North Shore Drive, Pittsburgh, presents:
• Lotus, 8 p.m. Feb. 1
• Joe Nichols & Uncle Kracker, 6 p.m. Feb. 6, benefiting Pressley Ridge
• Rebelution, 8 p.m. Feb. 7
• moe., 7 p.m. Feb. 12.
Tickets are available at Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com or by calling (412) 323-1919.
Overly’s Country Christmas, Westmoreland County Fairgrounds, Mount Pleasant Township, beginning at 5:30 p.m., through Wednesday. Holiday light display with walk-through Christmas village. Visit www.overlys.com for more information.
Winter Festival of Lights, Oglebay Park, W.Va., through Jan. 5. The lights are viewable from dark through 10 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays; and until 11 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
A per-car donation is requested. Visit www.oglebay-resort.com for more information.
Benedum Center, Pittsburgh, will present “The Nutcracker,” through Sunday.
Tickets available by calling (412) 456-4800. For groups of 10 or more, call (412) 471-6930.
Pittsburgh CLO will present “Plaid Tidings: The Best of Forever Plaid,” through Jan. 12 at The Cabaret at Theater Square, 655 Penn Ave.
For more information, call (412) 456-6666 or go to www.pittsburghclo.org.