THOSE OLD PHOTOS
The Iselin Tipple and power plant are shown in this old photo, submitted by county historian John Busovicki, of Clymer.
The Rochester & Pittsburgh Coal Co. opened its first mine in 1903 in Ernest, and later that year opened the Iselin complex.
The Iselins were the principal stockholders of the company. This photo is from the R&P archives.