ELI NELLIS: Player, coach team up at Meadow Lane
Kevin Jack teamed with his high school basketball coach, Indiana’s Greg Lezanic, at Meadow Lane Golf Course, and the two scored a 65 to win the Two-Person Hi-Lo Scramble event last Saturday and Sunday.
Scott Rice and Greg Payson took second place in a match of cards with Rich Riddle and Bob Volk, who fell to third. Both teams shot 66s.
Elaine Berringer and George Berringer, also at 66, came in fourth place.
ALSO AT MEADOW LANE: Dave Dixson beat Travis Redinger, 1 up, in the final bracket semifinal match, setting up all the bracket finals in the Coney Island-Meadow Lane Match-Play Tournament.
The champions in the four brackets will then play off for a final champion.
Dixson will face Ray Blystone in the Hogan Bracket championship. The other bracket championships are: Rick Adair vs. Jeremy Flynn, Palmer Bracket; John Lowmaster vs. George Berringer, Nicklaus Bracket; and Shawn Askins vs. Bob Volk, Snead Bracket.
Kathy Glassford remained in the winners’ bracket in the double-elimination ladies’ competition. She defeated Joanne Payson, 2 and 1, in the quarterfinals.
Payson will face Bernadette Sgro-Hodak in an elimination match.
• The course is registering players for its club championship, which will be held Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 3 and 4. The tournament is open to members and Star Pass holders. The registration deadline is Tuesday, July 30.
• The Net Skins Weekend Event is this weekend.
AT INDIAN SPRINGS: There is also a season-long match-play tournament at Indian Springs Golf and Country Club.
Out of 19 competitors, Shawn McMillan, Danny Clark, Matt Reed, Joe Silveri, Bud Polenik, Ted Zernick and Dave Kensey have advanced to the quarterfinal round.
Eric Vargo and Ryan Lightcap are set to play a second-round match for the final quarterfinal berth.
• Dick Anderson, Chuck Mack, Dave Irvin and Rich Lamberski shot a 62 to win Thursday’s Senior Scramble by one stroke.
Sporty Chutorich, Ed Michaels, Ron McBride and Joe Leysock came in second at 63, and Dave Montgomery, Clair McCurdy, Ed Meyer and Mel Woodring finished third, also at 63.
• Ann Hollis won the play of the day, Best Poker Hand, last week in the Tuesday Morning Ladies League.
Ginny McGinnis had the fewest putts, with 12. Betty Cook chipped in for birdie, and Diane Fako added a chip-in.
• The Three Jacks and a Jill event is Wednesday.
AT INDIANA COUNTRY CLUB: There were no events following the Fourth of July last weekend, but the Partner/Partner event is this weekend.