SOCCER: IASB teams win three matches
Indiana Area Soccer Booster teams won three matches and forged a tie in another over the weekend.
• The Indiana U-12 boys’ Black Hawks blanked Loyalhanna, 6-0, on Sunday.
Aaron McKelvy netted three goals to lead Indiana. Elliot Hill, Jack Turner and Dominic Groman each added a goal.
• The Indiana U-12 girls’ Storm beat Woodland Hills, 6-2.
Hannah Scardina paced Indiana with three goals. Isabel Tillett added two goals, and Caelia Williams chipped in a goal.
• The Indiana U-10 Blackhawks trounced East Allegheny, 11-3.
Vince Belice had six goals and an assist to power Indiana. Isaac Myers added two goals, Noah Grattan had a goal and two assists, and Jack Tillet and David Scardina each tacked on a goal and an assist.
Ethan Kutz, Xander Williams and Scardina each played goalie.
• The U-12 boys’ Redhawks tied Woodland Hills, 4-4.
Ethan Shearer and Cian Williamson-Rae each scored two goals for Indiana. Malik Turner, Cameron Walls and Shearer each had an assist.
Williamson-Rea, Andrew Kuzneski and Walls shared time in goal.
• The Indiana U-10 girls’ Lightning lost to Connellsville, 8-4.
Isabella Garzarelli scored four goals to pace Indiana. Monica Turnball, Hailey Drennen, Reagan Ryen and Sophia Garzarelli each had an assist.
Emily Scherf and Sophia Garzarelli shared goaltending duties.