BLAIRSVILLE DISTRICT COURT DOCKET
Numerous defendants have been named in criminal charges filed before Magisterial District Judge Jennifer Rega, of Blairsville. Criminal complaints and affidavits of probable cause are not evidence of guilt in a criminal case. Defendants are entitled to legal representation and have the right to question the witnesses and evidence presented against them during preliminary hearings in the district court and at trials in the county court of common pleas.
• Daniel Scott Lewis, 22, Greensburg, and Benjamin Joseph Yusko, 20, Irwin, both charged Nov. 12 by state police with felony counts of criminal conspiracy, possession with intent to deliver marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia (a scale and baggies) at 10:30 a.m. Oct. 26 at the Comfort Inn, Burrell Township. Both waived their right to a preliminary hearing and will face the charges in court.
• Stefan Schlachter Jr., 18, Indiana, charged Nov. 10 by state police with criminal mischief, criminal trespass and underage consumption of alcohol between 2 and 6:55 a.m. Nov. 10 at Grove Lane, White Township. He waived his right to a preliminary hearing and will face the charges in court.
• Larry J. Hemphill, 66, North Carolina, charged Nov. 19 by state police with a felony count of identity theft and a misdemeanor count of receiving stolen property May 5 at 785 Blaire Road, Black Lick. The charges were held for court.
• Danny Obryan Layton, 19, and Tyreen Maurice Wells, 21, both of Technology Drive, Burrell Township, both charged Nov. 12 by state police with felony counts of burglary and criminal trespass and misdemeanor counts of theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property at 1:30 p.m. Nov. 7 at Technology Drive, Burrell Township. A preliminary hearing is set for March 12.
• Douglas Bruce Stahl, 56, Johnstown, charged Nov. 20 by state police with driving under the influence of alcohol and two summary traffic violations Nov. 3 at routes 22 and 259, West Wheatfield Township. His blood alcohol content was 0.208 percent, court records show. A preliminary hearing is set for April 16.
• Sarah Diana Puzak, 22, Yankee Hill Road, Blairsville, charged Nov. 21 by state police with possession of drug paraphernalia (a syringe, tourniquet and metal spoon) at 9:25 p.m. Nov. 12 at Walnut Street and Corner Alley, Burrell Township. She waived her right to a preliminary hearing and will face the charges in court.
• Shad Andrew Cunningham, 32, Smith Road, Blairsville, charged Nov. 25 by state police with DUI and three summary traffic violations at 2:38 a.m. Oct. 27 at Route 286, Blacklick Township. Cunningham’s BAC was 0.28 percent, according to court records. He waived his right to a preliminary hearing and will face the charges in court.
• Shawn Michael Aukerman, 22, Market Street, Saltsburg, charged Nov. 14 by state police with possession of a controlled substance (four marijuana plants) and possession of drug paraphernalia (a grinder, pipes and rolling papers) July 8 at 224 Maher St., Blairsville. The charges were held for court.
• Keith Edward Aikens, 43, McIntyre Road, McIntrye, charged Nov. 21 by state police with theft by unlawful taking at 11:27 a.m. Nov. 15 at DJ Joe’s Bar, McIntyre Road, Young Township. Prosecutors withdrew the charge, and Aikens pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was fined.