BRUSH VALLEY — The Brush Valley Township supervisors on Monday discussed residents’ interest in natural gas services and advised on how to proceed if services are desired.
Several township residents are interested in natural gas service, said Robin Brilhart, township secretary.
If the gas company receives enough interest within a certain area, it will provide a cost estimate for those households, Brilhart said.
Interested township residents should call (800) 222-5101 and provide their 911 address, she said.
In other business, supervisors:
- Were notified that Rosebud Mining Co., which owns the permit for the Brush Valley Mine, intends to transfer the operation of the mine to Western Allegheny Energy LLC. Maps of the mine showing what the company intends to develop in each six-month period are available for inspection by the public at the Office of Recorder and Deeds at the Indiana County Court House or the California (Pa.) Mining Office.
- Announced that the fire company will hold an auction of food and other new miscellaneous items March 30 at the Brush Valley fire hall. Doors open at 2 p.m., and the auction starts at 3.
- Announced that a community egg hunt will be at 10 a.m. March 30 at Brush Valley Township Park.
- Approved the advertisement for bids for stone, oil and ash. Bids will be opened at the April 2 meeting.
- Will receive a $9,740 road grant to replace pipes on Old Mill Road. The total project cost is $17,681.46, of which $7,941.46 is in-kind contribution from the township for labor, equipment and materials.
- Will purchase a toolbox and other equipment for a new township truck from Walsh Equipment at a cost of $1,425.
- Entered into a maintenance agreement with CopyTech for one year or 10,000 copies for $185.
- Announced that if anyone wants to advertise or has information to include in the award-winning Brush Valley Babble newsletter to contact Michele Papakie at (724) 479-2905 or brushval email@example.com.
- Approved a request by Charles and Lewis Scherer for a planning waiver and non-building declaration for proposed subdivision of two lots.