THOSE OLD PHOTOS
April 07, 2013 1:50 AM
Click for Image Gallery Click For Gallery

This postcard features St. Bernard Roman Catholic Church, North Fifth Street, Indiana, and was published by Henry Hall and mailed from Indiana on Nov. 9, 1909, to Smethport.

The first Catholic families came to Indiana starting in 1814, but a church was not erected until 1846, according to county historian John Busovicki, of Clymer, who submitted this photo.

It was located across from Indiana Junior High. St. Bernard Parish dedicated its new church on April 22, 1979.

 

 

Disclaimer: Copyright © 2014 Indiana Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.indianagazette.com/news/community-connection/those-old-photos,16945311/