Information for this column is provided by the Indiana County Department of Human Services.
• Jacksonville Presbyterian Church Clothing Closet provides free clothing the last Saturday of the month. For more information, call (724) 726-8895 or (724) 479-8237.
• Clothes of Many Colors clothing closet at Calvary United Methodist Church in Brush Valley will offer free clothes from 1 to 5 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month. For more information, call (724) 479-8290.
• Aging Services is holding a Thrift Shop from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. at the Indiana Social Center, 1001 Oak St., Indiana. Donations of gently used clothing will be accepted.
• Managing Your Diabetes, IRMC, (724) 357-8088.
• Nutrition Therapy is a class for cancer patients to encourage healthy eating during treatment. Classes are held monthly at Arnold Palmer Pavilion. For more information, call Excela Health at (877) 771- 1234.
• Ornish Advantage/Spectrum helps to prevent heart disease and improve health with a six-week program focusing on nutrition, stress management, exercise, nutrition and group support. For dates and times, call Excela Health at (877) 771-1234.
• Shelter Operations teaches the process of opening and properly managing a shelter through the American Red Cross. For more information, call the Indiana chapter at (724) 465-5678.
• Survey/Damage Assessment teaches how to make assessment of damage to homes and areas affected by disaster through American Red Cross. Disaster Services: An Overview should have been attended prior to this training. For more information, call (724) 465-5678.
• Yoga for Men teaches how practicing yoga has been shown to help with relaxation to help men be healthier in body, mind and spirit. Classes are at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at IRMC. For more information, call (724) 357-8088.
• Fortify Your Spine will be held starting at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Holiday Inn, Indiana. Dr. Patrick Carone of the Center for Spine and Pain Management will present current information on diagnosis, treatment options, rehabilitation and healthy recipes. This is free to Spirit of Women members and $30 for non-members. For more information or to register, visit www.indianarmc.org or call (724) 357-8088.
• Small Games of Chance Training, sponsored by the Armstrong-Indiana-Clarion Drug and Alcohol Commission, will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the Rustic Lodge. The event is free and includes dinner. Sgt. James Jones of the Pennsylvania Police Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement will be the trainer. Limited seating is available. For more information, call (724) 354-2746.
• A Safe Children meeting will be held at 8:30 a.m. Monday at Eat’n Park. For more information call Stephanie at (724) 349-1821.
• Adult Socialization Group is for adults with epilepsy through the Epilepsy Foundation of Western/ Central Pennsylvania. For more information, call the Pittsburgh office at (800) 361-5885.
• Breast Cancer Support Groups are available through IRMC at 6:30 p.m. every second Thursday at IRMC/ Chestnut Ridge Blairsville; and at 6:30 p.m. on the last Thursday of the month at the Women’s Imaging Center library, Indiana. For more information, call (724) 357-8081.
• Critical Incident Stress Debriefing Team, for emergency services personnel such as ambulance crews, firefighters, law enforcement officers and any others who respond to critical incidents, meets every six weeks. In offering debriefing services, the team helps prevent the negative impact of acute stress on emergency workers and helps with the recovery process. For more information, call The Open Door at (877) 333-2470.
• Diabetes Support Group provides a dietitian and clinical nurse specialists to help people with diabetes develop and practice self-management. Call IRMC at (724) 357-8088.
• Gam-Anon is offered from 8 to 10 p.m. Monday at Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital. Call (877) 771-1234.
• Gluten-Free Support Group provides information on how to manage diet, recipes and resources that may be useful to those on a gluten-free diet. For more information, call IRMC at (724) 357-8088.
• ICD Support Group is for those with an implantable cardiac defibrillator and their support people. For more information, call Excela Health at (877) 771-1234.
• Living with Ostomy Education and Support meets quarterly at various times and locations. For information, call (877) 771-1234.
• Man to Man, held by the American Cancer Society, helps men facing prostate cancer receive support, information and resources by talking with trained prostate cancer survivors. Call for more information and to register at (724) 834-9081 ext. 65281.
• Mothers of Preschoolers, or MOPS, provides Christian-based groups with opportunities to make friends with other moms and share encouragement and practical tips for surviving the preschool years. For mothers of preschoolers from birth to age 5 and expectant mothers. Groups meet as follows:
— First Assembly of God Church, Indiana, 9:30 a.m., second and fourth Wednesdays, (724) 349-8180.
• Narcotics Anonymous meets from 7 to 8 p.m. at Excela Heath Westmoreland Hospital and from 8 to 9:30 p.m. Mondays at Excela Health Frick Hospital.
• PFLAG, or Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays, have local chapters of a national organization to provide safe dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity. The group seeks to replace negativity with accurate and positive information and support. For more information, contact the Indiana chapter at (724) 357-8309 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Parents of children with asthma can find information and support through American Respiratory Alliance of Western PA at (800) 220-1990.
• Reach to Recovery is for newly diagnosed breast cancer patients to receive support, information and resources through visits and conversations with trained breast cancer survivors. Call (800) 227-2345.
• Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Support meets from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday at Riverfront Place, 810 River Ave., Suite 160, Pittsburgh. For more information, call (412) 322-5680 or (800) 721-7437.
• Tea Time with the Nurse Navigator is an individualized hour to ask questions and discuss concerns about breast cancer before, during or after breast cancer treatment. For more information or to schedule, call IRMC at (724) 357-8081.
• Trauma Services Caregiver Support Group will be held at Family Behavioral Resources Indiana Clinic every fourth Monday of the month. Do you know a child who demonstrates challenging behaviors? Are the child’s family members struggling with feelings of frustration regarding caring for this child? Does this child have a history of out-of-home placements, trauma, abuse or neglect? This group is designed for parents, caregivers and foster parents of children who have experienced loss, out-of-home placement, adoption or other emotionally charged events. Register with Katie Stormer at (724) 465-0369 or email@example.com.
• Bowser-Minich Bereavement Support Services offers a bereavement lending library open from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday, or by appointment. Call (724) 349-3100 or (888) 923-5550.
• C. Frederick Bowser Funeral Home, Homer City, offers support services through an interactive website for bereavement and grief support literature at www.bowserfh.com.
• Coping with Loss Grief Support Group is a six-week series held at various community locations. Call Excela Health at (877) 771-1234.
• Curran Funeral Home Grief Support Group, 701 Salt St., Saltsburg. Call (724) 639-3911 for dates, times and location.
• GRASP, or Grief Recovery After a Substance Passing, offers support and sources of help for families and individuals who are in bereavement due to a substance misuse death. The group will meet at The Open Door. For more information or to register, call (724) 762-3344, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.grasphelp.org.
• Graystone Church GriefShare is a 13-week seminar and support group for people who are grieving the death of someone close to them. Sessions are offered in the spring and the fall. Registration is not necessary, and participants may join at any time in the series.
• Highmark Caring Place, through the Caring Foundation for Children, Pittsburgh, offers support groups weekly or biweekly for grieving children, adolescents and families. Call (888) 224-4673.
• John A. Lefdahl Funeral Home offers a bereavement support group open to the public. Call (724) 463-4499.
• The Hepatitis C Education/Support Group meets the first Tuesday of each month at noon and the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at Arc Manor in Kittanning. This group provides information and support that you need to live with, get treatment for, or prevent exposure to Hepatitis C. For more information, call (724) 548-7607 or (800) 323-1333.
• Hopeful Hearts, a service of the VNA of Indiana County, is a child-focused family bereavement support center. Hopeful Hearts provides peer support at no cost for all family members when someone close to the family has died.
Families meet biweekly in a safe, caring and confidential environment. For more information about this program or volunteer opportunities, call (724) 349-3888 or (877) 349-3888.
• Pregnancy Loss Support Group provides support for families who are grieving the loss of their baby through miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy, stillbirth or newborn death. Call (877) 771-1234.
• Rairigh-Bence Funeral Home Inc. offers a support group and a bereavement lending library with booklets, videos, etc.
• Richard Shoemaker Funeral Home Support Group, Blairsville, (724) 459-9115; information and support offered by phone.
• Robinson-Lytle funeral home offers a bereavement library with books, videos and other information for adults and children. Call (724) 349-9700.
• Sharing Grief Support Group is offered from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. every first and third Thursday of the month. For more information, call (724) 349-2000.
• Survivors of Suicide Group meets from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Neuropsychiatric Associates Inc., IRMC Complex, Medical Arts Building, Suite 2200, Indiana. Gather together with others who understand the impact a death of suicide can have. Cost is $30. Initial intake at Neuropsychiatric Associates for possible insurance coverage. Call for more information, (724) 464-0270.