EVACUATION
July 10, 2013 10:50 AM
Click for Image Gallery Click For Gallery

Residents of Crystal Waters Personal Care Home along Route 119, just south of Home, were evacuated briefly to a covered portico after a fire alarm sounded at 6:47 a.m. today.

Rich Lydic, chief of the Marion Center Volunteer Fire Department, said no flames were found and the residents were moved into the home’s dining room while firefighters searched for the cause of smoke, suspected to be from an electrical source.

Firefighters from Plumville and Indiana were also dispatched. The response by the Indiana volunteers was canceled while they were on their way to the scene.

Disclaimer: Copyright © 2014 Indiana Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.indianagazette.com/news/police-courts/evacuation,17703734/