Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. WHAT COLLAPSE OF INTERSTATE BRIDGE IN WASHINGTON STATE MEANS FOR COMMUTERS
Washington state officials ask drivers to avoid Interstate 5 near the area where a bridge collapsed over the Skagit River.
2. WHAT OBAMA SAYS ABOUT HIS COUNTERTERRORISM POLICY
President Barack Obama defends the use of drones and hints at giving law enforcement more authority to seize communications.
3. HOW STORM SURGE KILLS AND HOW TO PREVENT DEATHS
The National Hurricane Center is offering easier-to-understand maps and advice about the abnormal rise of sea water during storms.
4. DECISION ON JODI ARIAS’ FATE POSTPONED
The jury charged with deciding whether Jodi Arias will get the death penalty or life in prison for murdering her ex-boyfriend gives up, meaning the penalty phase of the trial must start over.
5. WHAT'S NEXT AFTER BOY SCOUTS’ ACCEPTANCE OF GAY SCOUTS
The Boy Scouts of America have voted to allow openly gay boys and teens, drawing praise from more liberal factions, but some conservatives are threatening to defect.
6. UNIONS FRET OVER IMPACT OF HEALTH CARE LAW ON MULTIEMPLOYER PLANS
Labor unions were among the new health care law's strongest supporters, but they now worry whether the law might result in less coverage for their members.
7. TRAVEL INDUSTRY HOPES FOR FEW BUMPS IN ROAD FOR SUMMER SOJOURNS
The forecast for summer travel is showing steady improvement over last year, but consumers might still see higher lodging and transport costs.
8. MANDATING SHELTER FROM THE STORM?
Requiring storm shelters in tornado-prone Oklahoma might sound like a great idea, but local authorities say many can't afford them, and bristle at government mandates.
9. WHEN PLASTIC IS NOT SO FANTASTIC
Two California legislators introduce a bill that would require manufacturers to figure out how keep plastic out of state waterways.
10. HOPS FOR HEROES
Craft brewers around the country are teaming up raise money for military families through the sale of a specially-brewed beer.