PLAINVILLE, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut officials say part of a fire extinguisher flew nearly a quarter-mile through the air into a house after a workplace accident. No one was injured.
Plainville firefighters say a machine operator cutting beams at a metal-recycling company Tuesday afternoon didn’t see the extinguisher, and the machine cut into the extinguisher and caused it to explode.
Tom Orvis said he was in his kitchen when he heard a loud noise. He said he went outside and saw pieces of roof on his lawn.
There also was a small hole in his roof. Authorities found the partial extinguisher more than 200 yards from the house.
Orvis said a worker from the JW Green Co. apologized to him, and the company offered to fix the damage.