ARMAGH — The United school board voted Tuesday to retain Andrew M. Klein to provide special-education consultant services.
He will be paid $200 per hour with no retainer fee, subject to the terms and conditions outlined in Klein’s proposal, with the understanding that such fees are to be split between the district and the parents of a district student.
Services may include, if required and requested, records reviews, research, conferences, conversations, report writing, correspondence, email reviews and replies, and any other professional services required.
In other action Tuesday, the school board:
• Voted to schedule and advertise a board reorganization meeting for 7 p.m. Dec. 3 in the high school library.
• Authorized Parkins and finance director G. Thomas Kalinyak to assign a portion of the district’s unreserved fund balance to the appropriate categories of the reserved general fund account.
• Approved the Differentiation Supervision Model Plan for teacher evaluations, which is required for all districts.
• Appointed Jennifer Buch-kovich as a homebound instructor for an 11th-grade student for so long as such services are required during the 2013-14 school year at $36 per hour.
• Approved Jodi Conrad as the National Honor Society adviser at $260.10.
• Approved elementary teacher Kayla Erwin to be placed on the master’s pay scale for the 2013-14 school year pending submission of appropriate transcripts and review by the superintendent.
• Acknowledged receipt of a certification of substantial completion from G.M. McCrossin Inc. for $8,000.
• Approved activity requests from Acey Gongaware and Ben Saylor to attend the Disney World Performance from either March 30-April 4, 2015, or April 6-11, 2015, in Orlando, Fla., provided students are eligible to attend, at no cost to the district. Approximately 60 students will attend through Gongaware’s request and approximately 65 students will attend through Saylor’s request.
• Approved an activity request from Gongaware to attend District Chorus from Jan. 8 to 11 at Clarion-Limestone High School, provided students are eligible to attend, at $1,457. Six students will attend.
• Approved Trudy DeRubis, Patricia Berezansky, Scott McCully, Jared Turner, Melanie Brilhart, Diane Wagoner, Justin Henning, Lori Kovach and Barb Turner as Wellness Committee members for the 2013-14 school year.
• Accepted the donation of a “Lion Country” stone from Appleridge Stone out of Blairsville to the district.
• Accepted the resignation of Judy Shomo from the supplemental position of Junior Academy of Science adviser effective immediately.
• Approved 26 substitute teachers and one substitute secretary/aide for the 2013-14 school year.
• Accepted the resignation of Stephanie Martin, effective Nov. 24, from her position of long-term substitute to fill the temporary vacancy left by art instructor and reading specialist Jill Shinsky.
• Approved a request from Donna Glessner, instructional aide, for leave without pay under the Family and Medical Leave Act for up to 12 weeks that began Sept. 25.
• Approved the purchase and placement of a School Bus Stop Ahead sign near segment marker 413 along Route 22 East at $193.75. The district is responsible for purchasing, placing and maintaining the sign.
• Approved Yvonne Lingafelt as a substitute bus/van driver for 2013-14.