THOSE OLD PHOTOS
December 17, 2013 10:45 AM
Click for Image Gallery Click For Gallery

The town of Greenville was founded in 1838 by William Evans in Green Township. Its post office, named Penn Run, opened the following year.

When Cherryhill Township was formed from parts of Brush Valley and Green Township in 1854, citizens started calling the town Penn Run.

This photo shows a float in the 1938 centennial parade in Penn Run on Route 553 passing in front of the Fowler home. It was submitted by county historian John Busovicki, of Clymer. (Submitted photo)

 

Disclaimer: Copyright © 2014 Indiana Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.indianagazette.com/news/indiana-news/those-old-photos,18899898/