Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh present the following special exhibits:
• Carnegie Museum of Art, 4400 Forbes Ave.: The 2013 Carnegie International, through March 16
• Carnegie Museum of Natural History, 4400 Forbes Ave.: “The Hunt: A Tlingit Totem Pole Carving and Installation,” by artist Tommy Joseph, permanent exhibition
• Carnegie Science Center, 1 Allegheny Avenue: new movies “Mysteries of the Unseen World” and “Animalopolis”; Laser shows on Fridays and Saturdays: Lasers of Oz, Laser Michael Jackson, Laser Led Zeppelin, Laser Daft Punk, Laser Aerosmith vs. Guns ’N Roses, Lasermau5 and “The Vision Bell: the Best of Laser Floyd”; Omnimax films “To the Arctic,” “Hubble” and “Flight of the Butterflies.” Visit www.carnegiesciencecenter.org for a complete schedule of showtimes.
• The Andy Warhol Museum, 117 Sandusky St.: Ongoing: “I Just Want to Watch: Warhol’s Film, Video and Television.”
For more information, call (412) 622-3131 or go to www.carnegiemuseums.org.
Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Old Post Office Building, Allegheny Center, Pittsburgh. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Sunday. Call (412) 322-5058 or go to https://pittsburghkids.org.
The Frick, 7227 Reynolds St., Pittsburgh. Visit thefrickpittsburgh.org for more information.
The Johnstown Flood Museum, 304 Washington St., Johnstown, is presenting “From Scholarships to Souvenirs: Telling the Story of the Johnstown Flood,” an exhibit dedicated to the enduring place the flood has held in pop culture. For more information, call (814) 539-1889 or go to www.jaha.org.
Mattress Factory, 500 Sampsonia Way, Pittsburgh, presents a site-specific installation by Chihura Shiota, whose works focus on the body with relation to place and space, through summer 2014. For information, call (412) 231-3169 or go to www.mattress.org.
Miller Gallery at Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh, presents “Alien She,” through Feb. 16. The exhibition examines the lasting impact of Riot Grrrl on artists and cultural producers working today.
For more information, go to www.cmu.edu/millergallery. Hours are noon to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday.
Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, 1 Schenley Park, Oakland, will present the Orchid and Tropical Bansai Show through March 9.
Regular hours are 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Call (412) 622-6915 for more information or visit phipps.conservatory.org.
Sen. John Heinz History Center, 1212 Smallman St., Pittsburgh, presents:
• “Poptastic!: The Art of Burton Morris,” through Feb. 23
• “Pittsburgh: A Tradition of Innovation,” ongoing
• “From Slavery to Freedom,” ongoing
• “Clash of the Empires: The British, French & Indian War, 1754-1763,” ongoing
• “Glass Shattering Notions,” ongoing
Regular hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
Call (412) 454-6000 for more information.
The Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art presents the following exhibits:
• Altoona, 1212 11th Ave.: “Dan Helsel: Creating Joy,” through April 26; “Robert E. Wedge: A Moment of Emotion,” through April 26.
• Ligonier Valley, 1 Boucher Lane, Route 711, Ligonier: Southwestern Council for the Arts 18th annual Regional Juried Art Exhbition, through Feb. 9.
• Loretto: “Projections on Paper: Abstract Prints and Drawings from the Permanent Collection,” through May 3.
For more information, go to www.sama-art.org.
Flight 93 National Memorial, Shanksville. Winter hours: 9 a.m. opening, with last entry at 4:30 p.m. The park closes at 5 p.m. Open seven days a week. Closed on Washington’s birthday (Presidents Day). Admission is free. Visit www.nps.gov for more information.
Steel City Con, toy, comic book and pop culture convention, will be held from April 11-13 at the Monroeville Convention Center, Monroeville. Hours are 1 to 9 p.m. April 11, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. April 12 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 13. Three-day passes are $25, single-day passes are $15 and children younger than 5 are admitted free. Scheduled to appear are actors Travis Love, Lee Majors, Nicholas Brendon, Jonathan Frakes, Cindy Williams, Brent Spiner, Lou Ferrigno Dermot Crowley, Femi Taylor, Parker Stevenson, Mackenzie Lintz; and wrestler Bruno Sammartino.
To purchase a dealer table or to get tickets, go to www.steelcitycon.com.
Carnegie Library Music Hall, Pittsburgh, presents:
• 3 Doors Down, 8 p.m. Feb. 14
• Rick Springfield, 8 p.m. Feb. 21
Tickets available at Ticketmaster.com, librarymusichall.com or by calling (412) 368-5225.
Consol Energy Center, 1001 Fifth Ave., Pittsburgh, will present:
• Monster Jam, Feb. 14-16
• Billy Joel, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21
• Arcade Fire, 7:30 p.m. March 12
• Demi Lovato, 7:30 p.m. March 27
• Cher, 7:30 p.m. April 2
• Lady Gaga, 7 p.m. May 8
For more information, call (412) 642-1800 or go to www.consolenergycenter.com.
First Niagara Pavilion, Burgettstown, presents:
• Brad Paisley, May 17, with Leah Turner and Charlie Worsham
• Tim McGraw, June 6, with Kip Moore and Cassadee Pope
• Rascal Flatts, July 26, with Sheryl Crowe and Gloriana
• Toby Keith, Aug. 9
• Mötley Crüe, Aug. 13
• Lady Antebellum, Aug. 23, with Billy Currington and Joe Nichols
Tickets available at live.nation.com or by calling (800) 745-3000.
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, will present Luke Bryan and his 2014 “My Kind of Night” tour on June 21. Also on the bill are Dierks Bentley, Lee Brice and Cole Swindell.
Ticket information is available at www.megaticket.com.
Heinz Hall, Pittsburgh, will present Mama Mia!, Feb. 11-16. Call (412) 392-4900 for tickets.
The Palace Theatre, 21 W. Otterman St., Greensburg, will present:
• Jefferson Starship, 8 p.m. March 7
• Ronnie Milsap, 7:30 p.m. March 26
• Mark Lowry, 7:30 p.m. April 24
• Bill Engvall, 6:30 and 9:30 p.m. May 2
• Vince Gill, 8 p.m. May 15
For ticket information, call (724) 836-8000 or go to www.thepalacetheatre.org.
PNC Park, Pittsburgh, will present Jason Aldean and his 2014 “Burn It Down” tour on July 26. Also on the bill is Florida Georgia Line and Tyler Farr.
Ticket information is available at www.megaticket.com or www.jasonaldean.com.
Stage AE, 400 North Shore Drive, Pittsburgh, presents:
• Lotus, 8 p.m. Friday
• Joe Nichols & Uncle Kracker, 6 p.m. Feb. 6, benefiting Pressley Ridge
• Rebelution, 8 p.m. Feb. 7
• moe., 7 p.m. Feb. 12
Tickets are available at Ticketmaster outlets, www.ticketmaster.com or by calling (412) 323-1919.