The borough of Creekside, originally a village in Washington Township was named for its location along Crooked Creek.
However, Creekside was originally named Newville and was laid out in 1854 by David Peelor for John Weamer.
This Creekside post office opened July 12, 1870, with William St. Clair as postmaster. Its population grew to 50 by 1880.
Indiana County historian John Busovicki, of Clymer, submitted this photo.