Campus once had a different Sutton Hall
June 22, 2014 1:50 AM
Click for Image Gallery Click For Gallery

Thomas Sutton Hall at Indiana Normal School, shown here, was dedicated June 8, 1905, and was built with state appropriations of $75,000 in 1903, along with Jane E. Leonard Hall.

It was 130 feet by 123 feet and was three stories tall, containing a basement laundry, dining room and kitchen on the first floor, musical conservatory on the second and a women’s dormitory on the third.

Indiana County historian John Busovicki, of Clymer, submitted this photo. (Submitted photo)

 

Disclaimer: Copyright © 2014 Indiana Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.indianagazette.com/news/indiana-news/campus-once-had-a-different-sutton-hall,20088839/