MARION CENTER — The Marion Center Area School directors Monday took several actions to prepare for the start of the next school year.
• Approved supplemental contracts with Jonathan Schaller, for $7,166, as the band director; with Becca Blashock and Bethany Cheek as assistant band directors, at $2,284 each; and with Jamie McGinnis, for $2,000, as band front adviser.
• Approved a contract with Don Seanor for $3,350 to be the assistant athletic director.
• Approved supplemental contracts with the following head coaches: Kristen Yeomans, junior high volleyball, $2,250; Jon Higbee, junior high boys’ basketball, $3,150; Brad Smith, junior high wrestling, $4,485; and Jacque Miller, junior high girls’ basketball, $3,000.
• Approved supplemental contracts with the following assistant coaches: Katie Proch, junior high volleyball, $2,250; Dustin Redilla, junior high boys’ basketball, $2,750; Shania Hadden, cheerleading, $1,500; Nathan Johns, varsity boys’ basketball, $3,500; Jeff Lyons, varsity wrestling, $3,250; Don Fulmer, junior high wrestling, $3,460; Stephanie Canton, swimming, $3,250; Justin Hill, varsity girls’ basketball, $3,250; and Travis Trimble, junior high girls’ basketball, $2,750.
• Moved Casey (Minich) McAninch from part-time to full-time employment as an elementary reading teacher at a salary of $44,821.
• Approved Dr. William Zewe’s proposal to provide dental exams at the rate of $5 per student, and Dr. J. Lindsay Parks’ proposal to provide physical exams for $2,500.
• Extended the employment contract of business manager Richard Martini to June 30, 2019.
• Agreed to admit the Purchase Line School District as a member of the Indiana County Technology Center, conditional on approval of the other ICTC members. The cost to the Purchase Line district to join will be $1,021,234, payable over 20 years.