Stray dog linked to cabin fire
December 29, 2013 1:26 AM

BENTON (AP) — Authorities said a stray dog might have accidentally started a fire that destroyed a hunting cabin in central Pennsylvania.

Residents staying at the house said they found the injured canine Friday in the woods in Benton Township. They took in the dog and tied her up next to a coal burning stove to keep warm.

Family members said they left the two-story lodge to call animal welfare officials from a neighboring home. When they returned, the cabin was burning. Residents believe the dog could have knocked over the stove.

 

Disclaimer: Copyright © 2014 Indiana Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.indianagazette.com/news/reg-national-world/stray-dog-linked-to-cabin-fire,50000752/