FEASTERVILLE (AP) — About 30 residents of a suburban Philadelphia apartment building had to be evacuated after a resident committed suicide with household chemicals.
Local fire departments and the Bucks County Hazardous Incident Response Team arrived at the Chalet Village Apartments on Sunday morning after getting calls about a chemical odor.
Lower Southampton Fire Marshal Bill Oettinger said a man in one of the apartments committed suicide with a mixture of household chemicals.
Oettinger said that two other people in the apartment, including a toddler, were taken to a hospital after inhaling the fumes.
The Bucks County Courier Times reported residents were allowed back into their apartments after the fume levels dissipated.
County spokesman Chris Edwards said hydrogen sulfide was the substance used by the victim.