Indiana, PA - Indiana County

Lawyer: Restaurant had other chemical burn

on August 22, 2014 10:19 AM

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The attorney for a woman who nearly died after unknowingly drinking tea laced with a chemical cleaning compound at a Utah restaurant said Thursday an employee at the eatery burned herself a month earlier on the same substance.

Family lawyer Paxton Guymon’s comments came at a news conference that also was attended by the burned woman’s husband, who said she is recovering but suffering from nightmares as she relives the incident.

Guymon said he learned about the previous burn during his investigation into what led to the tea incident at Dickey’s Barbecue in South Jordan, a Salt Lake City suburb.

He said the Dickey’s employee burned her tongue July 5 after she stuck her finger in a sugar container to test if it had any of the chemical cleaner. She then licked her finger.

The worker’s tongue started bleeding and blisters formed, Guymon said. She still is not back to normal.

Next Article
Gaza militants execute 18 alleged Israel spies
August 22, 2014 10:14 AM
Related Articles
Comments
Disclaimer: Copyright © 2014 Indiana Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.