Indiana, PA - Indiana County

Stray dog linked to cabin fire

on December 29, 2013 1:26 AM

BENTON (AP) — Authorities said a stray dog might have accidentally started a fire that destroyed a hunting cabin in central Pennsylvania.

Residents staying at the house said they found the injured canine Friday in the woods in Benton Township. They took in the dog and tied her up next to a coal burning stove to keep warm.

Family members said they left the two-story lodge to call animal welfare officials from a neighboring home. When they returned, the cabin was burning. Residents believe the dog could have knocked over the stove.

 

Next Article
BEST-SELLING BOOKS
December 29, 2013 1:25 AM
Related Articles
Comments
Disclaimer: Copyright © 2014 Indiana Gazette. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.