Marion Center Area School District
MARION CENTER AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Municipalities encompassed: Canoe Township, Creekside Borough, East Mahoning Township, Ernest Borough, Grant Township, Marion Center Borough, Plumville Borough, Rayne Township, South Mahoning Township, Washington Township.
Schools: Marion Center Area Junior/Senior High School
W. A. McCreery Elementary
School board members:
• Gregg Sacco, president (term expires December 2015)
• Charles LaVan, vice president (term expires December 2015)
• Ron Oswald, treasurer (term expires December 2015)
• Karen Risinger (term expires December 2015)
• Robert Neese (term expires December 2017)
• Charles Glasser (term expires December 2017)
• Justin Elkin (term expires December 2015)
• Robert Young (term expires December 2017)
• Anthony Moretti (term expires December 2017)
Meeting days and location: Open work sessions at 7 p.m. on the third Monday of the month and voting meetings at 7:30 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month. Meetings are held in the W.A. McCreery Elementary School Library.
Superintendent of Schools: Dr. Frank Garritano
Business Manager: Richard Martini
Solicitor: Michael Delaney
Open Records Officer: Richard Martini
Treasurer: Ron Oswald
Recording Secretary: Marcia Conner
Director of curriculum, instruction and assessment: Charles Adamchik Jr.
Maintenance and transportation supervisor: Ken Kirkland.
Intermediate Unit affiliation: ARIN IU 28
Technical school affiliation: Indiana County Technology Center
Taxes: 104.48 mills real estate
0.85 percent earned income
0.5 percent real estate transfer
Total employees: 213
Employee bargaining units: Marion Center Area Education Association; Marion Center Area Education Association Support Personnel; American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees.
Administration office: 22820 Route 403 Highway North, Marion Center, Pa.
Telephone: (724) 397-5551.
Fax: (724) 397-9144.