THE LATEST COVID-19 FIGURES
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response and Resources
Here's the latest information you need to know about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and its effects on the Indiana County area.
- More area schools move to virtual instruction
- Sheetz store closes after positive virus case
- Indiana schools to close; Homer-Center set to follow
- Saltsburg Elementary, United district move online
- Marion Center shutters high school; Apollo-Ridge to close entirely
- County virus cases rise by 161 in three days
- Officials restrict public access to courthouse, annexes, district courts
- School districts update COVID-19 impact on students, staff
- Emergency management official urges vigilance amid spike
- Prison sees virus outbreak
- Comissioners extend ballot box hours
- Former IASD superintendent takes over ICTC business office
- Directors shift $950,000 for potential projects
- Directors agree to move $950,000 to building project fund
- County sets record single-day increase in COVID cases
- Hundreds of residents tested for virus at mall
- Coronavirus testing center to open in mall parking lot
- IUP students create island oasis
- Virus cases force H-C to close school
- IASD to allow more spectators in stands
- IUP reports 19 additional positive cases of COVID-19
- Family Weekend, homecoming events move to virtual format
- IRMC staff continues to adjust to impact from coronavirus
- Elementary school moves to hybrid model
- 49 additional students test positive for virus at IUP
- Campus reports increase in virus cases
- Homer-Center to stay the course on virus plan
- COVID-19 cases hit daily high
- COVID levels rise in area wastewater
- Board tables swimming vote over concerns of virus safety
- Indiana Area, H-C report virus infections
- Cases of coronavirus spike locally
- Indiana Borough set to consider mask ordinance
- YMCA to launch virtual learning spaces
- Complaints drive three inspections of Indiana County restaurants
- Four IUP students have now tested positive for virus
- County unemployment rate rises to 13.4 percent
- Lawsuit over mask design settled
- United Way preparing for virtual campaign kickoff
- Free library cards offered
PITTSBURGH — A Fayette County woman has sued a Mahaffey-area company in Allegheny County Cou… Read more
GREEN TOWNSHIP — The tiny village of Wandin was rattled Wednesday morning by the derailment of a northbound train loaded with coal and the collapse of a trestle over Wandin Road.
The state police Criminal Investigation Unit at Troop A, Indiana, is investigating an incide…
Richard Kon, 78, of Latrobe, clubbed Peter Thomas, of Latrobe, over the head with a walking cane during a domestic dispute at 6:05 a.m. Friday...
Authorities this morning withheld the name of a motorist who apparently died of a sudden medical problem at 11:44 a.m. Saturday while driving.
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania appeals court judge ordered state officials on Wednesday to halt any further steps toward certifying election results, a day after Gov. Tom Wolf said he had certified Democrat Joe Biden as the winner of the presidential election in Pennsylvania. Read more
My son Jason exclaimed “There we go!” as he set the hook into yet another quality-sized crappie from 25 feet of water, one that would measure out to 13 inches. Though walleye, largemouth and smallmouth bass were in the day’s mix, it was a loosely connected school of black crappies that provi…
The fact that we even had a high school cross country season to cover this fall was a small victory in the face of the COVID-19 virus and the pandemic it brought on.
Basketball and all sports but two didn’t make the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference cut on Thursday.
The Cleveland Browns have had another yet-to-be identified player test positive for COVID-19.
The Thanksgiving night game between the Ra…
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Lamar Jackson's energy i…
A far cry from the standings at Thanksgivi…
The Baltimore Ravens experienced another o…
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The energy drained o…
NEW YORK (AP) — Beyoncé is bringing her Black parade to the Grammys: The pop star’s anthem about Black pride scored multiple nominations Tuesday, making her the leading contender with nine.
They may be one of Hollywood’s most beloved couples, but Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn have never felt the pressure to use that unmatched chemistry for the big screen time and time again. Since 1987's “Overboard," they’ve received hundreds of opportunities to reunite in a film. Although none …
NEW YORK (AP) — “Jeopardy!” record-holder Ken Jennings will be the first in a series of interim hosts replacing Alex Trebek when the show resumes production next Monday.
NEW YORK (AP) — Taylor Swift won her third consecutive artist of the year prize at the American Music Awards, but she missed the show for a good reason: She said she's busy re-recording her early music after her catalog was sold.