BLACK LICK — The Burrell Township supervisors have enacted an ordinance that tightens contro… Read more
THE LATEST COVID-19 FIGURES
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response and Resources
Here's the latest information you need to know about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and its effects on the Indiana County area.
- Cases of coronavirus spike locally
- Indiana Borough set to consider mask ordinance
- YMCA to launch virtual learning spaces
- Complaints drive three inspections of Indiana County restaurants
- Four IUP students have now tested positive for virus
- County unemployment rate rises to 13.4 percent
- Lawsuit over mask design settled
- United Way preparing for virtual campaign kickoff
- Free library cards offered
- In wake of first case, IUP urges students to be cautious
- Lions Club donates disinfectant foggers to first responders
- Holiday parade canceled as organizers take precautions
- Proposed mask enforcement prompts rally
- Board to consider reopening revisions
- Chamber discusses impacts of COVID-19
- Students at MC, United contract coronavirus
- United to return for in-person instruction
- Pittman introduces legislation
- Officials confident of full reopening
- Reopening plans still in limbo
- State of classes, athletics at Indiana left in limbo
- Governor urges online classes for Indiana County schools
- Man aims to spread good around world as birthday wish
- Event cancellations continue to mount at KCAC
- Facebook group helps local teachers
- County passes 300 virus cases
- Reopening plans remain in limbo just weeks out
- Organizers call off events
- Fall return raises fears among faculty union
- IUP sticks with hybrid classes as West Chester goes remote
- Event unifies community to fight drug crisis
- Number of virus cases surges in Indiana County
- County gets $99K for homeless
- Board working out guidelines for reopening
- Directors amend rules for classes in fall
- County considers KCAC as venue for jury selection
- Saturday outreach event to encourage empathy, unity
- Directors approve plans for reopening schools
- Cancellations of festivals, fairs mounting locally
- Commissioners hold update on 'state of county'
In cash-strapped times and during a sour economy, a proposal to raise a credit limit for Hom… Read more
One summer day in 1795, young Daniel McGinnis found what appeared to be a depression in the ground. The teenager, who lived on a small island off the coast of Nova Scotia called Oak Island, knew the area was reputed to have been frequented by pirates. Read more
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — Gunfire at a backyard party killed two people and wounded 14 others early Saturday in Rochester, New York, a city roiled in recent weeks by outrage over the police suffocation death of Daniel Prude.
An inmate serving a life sentence in the state prison system avoided a second life term Frid…
Borough police said officers were dispatched at 1:50 a.m. Thursday to the Regency Square Apartment complex for a citizen’s complaint of a man beating on the front door and window of an apartment there.
RAYNE TOWNSHIP — A state police fire marshal is investigating an early morning fire that cau…
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — Gunfire at a backyard party killed two people and wounded 14 others early Saturday in Rochester, New York, a city roiled in recent weeks by outrage over the police suffocation death of Daniel Prude. Read more
APOLLO — It was an unorthodox start, but it was a start.
EBENSBURG — A win always feels good, but United’s victory Friday night felt a little bit sweeter.
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh running back …
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Dylan Carlson's first ta…
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Jared McCann is sticking…
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Pittsburgh Steelers …
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Steven Brault pitched a …
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh coach Pat Nar…
LONDON (AP) — Britain on Friday stripped disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein of an honor recognizing his contribution to the U.K. film industry.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Emmy host Jimmy Kimmel and an alpaca sharing the spotlight. Winners accepting at home in designer pajamas or maybe yoga pants. More than 100 chances for a balky internet connection to bring Sunday’s ceremony to a crashing halt.
A former “Melrose Place” actress who has already served a prison sentence for a fatal 2010 drunken driving crash in New Jersey is headed back behind bars after a judge agreed with prosecutors Thursday that her initial sentence was too lenient.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — In surprise twist that fit an unexpected year of firsts, Carrie Underwood and Thomas Rhett tied for entertainer of the year at the Academy of Country Music Awards, the first time the top prize has been split between two artists.