Area churches plan vacation Bible schools
The following churches have scheduled vacation Bible schools in coming weeks:
• Ambrose Baptist Church, 22 Georgeville Road, Marion Center. “SonWest Round-Up,” from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. Children in preschool through junior high are welcome to participate.
Call Pastor Mialki at (724) 980-1942 with any questions.
• Blairsville Christian Missionary Alliance Church, 135 E. Burrell St., Blairsville. “Kingdom Rock: Where Kids Stand Strong,” 6 to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Children will enjoy games, experiments, adventures, snacks, and music. For more information, call (724) 459-7770.
• Clarksburg Trinity Church. “Colossal Coaster World,” from 6 to 8:15 p.m. Monday through Friday. Age three to grade 7.
Program is at 11 a.m. June 30, followed by a family picnic. (724) 726-5668.
• Clymer Presbyterian Church, Sixth and Hancock streets, Clymer. From 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. July 29 through Aug. 2.
• Dayton First Church of God. From 6 to 8:30 p.m. July 8 to 12. Age 2 through grade 6. (814) 257-8380.
• Mt. Zion, Girty. “SonWest Roundup,” from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call (724) 354-2045 for more information or to register.
• Derry First United Methodist Church. “Kingdom Rock: Where Kids Stand Strong for God,” from 6 to 8:30 p.m. July 15 to 19. Preschool to grade 6 (teens are also welcome). (724) 694-8333. Register online at www.groupvbspro.com/vbs/ez/derryfumc.
• NuValley Presbyterian Church, Rural Valley. Joint Vacation Bible School with Rural Valley United Methodist Church and First Lutheran Church of Rural Valley. “Standard Publishing, God’s Backyard Bible Camp Under the Stars, Where Kids have a Blast Serving Jesus!”, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Ages 3 and up. Bible story time, music, crafts and snacks.
To register, call Roseanne Linko at (724) 783-6229, the church office at (724) 783-6561 or visit www.vacationbibleschool.com/shannockvalley.
• Penn Run Church of the Brethren and Child Evangelism Fellowship. “Jesus My Savior and Friend,” 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. July 22 to 26 at the Penn Run Christian Outreach Center, 75 Grace Church Road. Parents welcome to attend. Bible stories, songs, memory, crafts and snacks. Register by July 15. (724) 463-0420, leave name and age.
• Robinson Evangelical United Methodist Church, 332 Mary St., Robinson. “Kingdom Rock — Where Kids Stand Strong for God,” 6 to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, for children age 3 to sixth grade. For more information, call (724) 676-0169.
• St. Luke’s Lutheran Church, 310 W. Main St., Saxonburg. “Youth Rockin’ the Kingdom of God,” Sunday through Thursday. Programs for two age groups will run concurrently each night from 6 to 8:30 p.m. at Centennial Hall directly behind the church. The five-day event is free and open to children age 3 through sixth grade. “Kingdom Rock: Where Kids Stand Strong for God,” is for age 3 through the third grade. The interactive Kingdom will feature Bible stories, speakers, games, dance, songs, crafts and snacks. “Blaze: Youth Rockin’ the Kingdom of God” is a gathering for youths in fourth through sixth grades. Participants will focus on Bible studies, mission work and other activities.
Registration forms for both programs are available by calling the church office at (724) 352-2333 or visiting the church website at stlks.com.