Community petition to Blairsville-Saltsburg school board
VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE IN PRINCIPAL ALLAN BERKHIMER
Saltsburg Middle/High School
We, the undersigned, who include parents, staff, and community members hereby have lost confidence in Principal Berkhimer due to his ineffective and dysfunctional leadership, substandard communications skills, unprofessional behavior, and his failure to establish a cooperative educational environment with the middle/high school students and parents.
We state the following grievances:
1. Unwillingness to have an Open Door Policy and refusal to meet with student’s parents who have a concern.
2. Unwillingness to return parent phone calls and/or emails in a timely manner
3. Failure to listen to and work reasonably with parents and staff members.
4. Parent, staff and student morale at an all time low and parents feel unwelcome.
5. Does not act in a reasonable and prudent manner.
6. Cannot resolve conflict without contacting State Police or Superintendent (unlike other building principals throughout the district).
7. Unfair and inconsistent discipline on students and staff.
8. Failure to communicate to parents when students are being interrogated and property is being confiscated and sent to State Police Barracks.
9. Violating student and staff civil rights.
WE FEEL MR. BERKHIMER HAS FAILED TO CREATE A COOPERATIVE EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENT WITH PARENTS AND STAFF MEMBERS THEREFORE CAUSING THE ABOVE GRIEVENCES WE FEEL VERY DISHEARTENED BY HIS ACTIONS.
We are asking for his removal from the Saltsburg Middle/High School by either termination or transfer.