Driving classes scheduled for seniors
Seniors for Safe Driving, which presents highway safety education programs for those 55 years of age and older, will hold the following classes:
• 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sept. 23 and 24 at St. Andrew’s Village, White Township
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 28 at Northern Cambria Public Library
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 28 at St. Andrew’s Village, White Township
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 18 at St. Andrew’s Village, White Township
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 16 at St. Andrew’s Village, White Township
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Dec. 18 at Punxsutawney Hospital
The programs are certified by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, and the successful completion of the program makes senior drivers eligible for a 5 percent discount on their automobile insurance premiums for three years. This discount is mandated by state law.
Those who have never participated in the program before must attend a two-day class. For more information or to register, call (800) 559-4880 or (724) 283-0245 or visit www.seniorsforsafedriving.com.