Four Footed Friends holding photo contest
Four Footed Friends will be holding its 25th annual Pet Calendar Contest, which helps raise money for less fortunate dogs and cats.
Between now and May 11, photos of all types of pets will be accepted by FFF. Forty photos based on color, quality and appropriateness of subject matter will be selected and displayed at the Indiana Mall on June 14, 15 and 16. The 12 photos that generate the most money will be given a full-page spot on the 2014 calendar, along with the name of the owner’s name and the animal’s name and description.
The runners-up will appear on the back page of the calendar.
Calendars will be available for sale to the public by autumn 2013, and owners of the 12 winning pet photos will receive a complimentary copy.
Contest rules and guidelines:
- Only one photo entry permitted per household
- Professionally (photo lab) printed, color photographs only, please. Polaroid-type photos are unacceptable.
- If your print is from a digital photo, please have it printed at a photo lab, not on a home printer. Photo paper must be used. The photo should be a minimum of 300 dpi in resolution.
- Sharp, detailed photos are required. The owner’s name, address and phone number, and the pet’s name, must be written on the back of the photo.
- Owners should retain a copy of the photo print, digital image, or negative.
- If your pet’s photo is one of the 12 winners, you will be asked to submit a fresh copy of the same picture (on short notice) for the printer, without writing on the back. If your photo came from a digital image, we will ask you to submit it digitally, on CD/disc or via email, in .tif format if possible. This will help us create a finished calendar at the highest possible quality.
- There should be no people in the photo submitted.
The decision of the Four Footed Friends Board of Directors is final. Criteria include photos that are clear and uncluttered. Plain (solid-color as opposed to patterned), light backgrounds work best.
Donations in any amount will be permitted as part of the voting. (The top-earning photos generally bring in several hundred dollars each, so “fundraising” for your pet’s photo is encouraged. FFF will provide helpful fundraising tips for you if your pet reached the semifinal round).
Members of the board of directors and employees of FFF, and their households, are not eligible to compete.
Pets pictured on any previous FFF pet calendar are eligible to compete but must be shown in a new photo.
Owners of winning pets will be notified by phone.
Photos should be mailed or dropped off to Four Footed Friends, 220 Beck Road, Indiana PA 15701.