Library lists free programs for the week
The Indiana Free Library welcomes you to a full slate of free fall programs for all ages the week of Dec. 1:
• The Shape of the Letter, 10:30-11 a.m.: “A Square Forms the Letter T.” This introduction to reading and the alphabet will feature books, flannel board stories, activities and a special craft. “Christmas Tree!” by Wendell and Florence Minor is the featured book. For pre-readers. (Children’s department)
• TalkAbout, 7-8 p.m.: “Bring Your Own Topic.” Come prepared with at least one topic for discussion. Each topic will be written on a slip of paper and then drawn at random for 15-minute discussions. If your topic is pulled, you will be the discussion leader. Have a few questions and discussion prompts to get the group talking. Refreshments. (Reading area)
Toddler Tales, 10:30 a.m.: “Christmas Lights” re-creates the tradition of driving through town and seeing homes decorated for the holidays. An action song about the lights on the tree and a candle poem will be featured. (Children’s department)
• Preschool Story Time, 10:30 a.m.: “Decorations Galore!” Reading, finger plays and songs. For ages 3 to 5. (Children’s department)
• Knitting Class, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Learn to knit or improve skills in this free six-week class. Beginners and experienced knitters welcome. (Community room)
• Holiday Craft Night, 7 p.m.: Make a crystal bead angel ornament using beads, wire, and large safety pins that will glitter on your tree. All materials and instructions provided. For adults and children 12 and up. Space limited, so call to sign up. (AV area)
• Crafty Wednesday, 7 p.m.: We’ll make a variety of Christmas ornaments to take home and place on your family’s tree. For all ages. (Children’s department)
• Book Babies, 10:30 a.m.: Eric Carle’s “Today Is Monday” will be featured. Birth to 18 months. (Children’s department)
• Pins and Patches Quilting Group, 1-3 p.m.: Beginners and experienced quilters welcome. No experience necessary. Refreshments provided. (Community room)
• Thursdays 101, 2 p.m.: “Get Your Email On.” This is a beginner email class. Call to reserve a spot. (Community room).
Holiday Used Book Sale, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Holidays are coming. That hard-to-find classic may make a nice gift, or perhaps you may find a great holiday story. Stop in and see what’s for sale. All proceeds go directly to support the library.
The Indiana Free Library is located at Ninth and Philadelphia streets. All programs are free and open to the public. Visit www.indianafreelibrary.com for updates, or call the library at (724) 465-8841.