St. James AME Zion Church, Second and Water streets, Indiana, recently celebrated the replacement of a sign that was destroyed by a wind storm. Bill Heberer, of Indiana, designed and built a new sign for the church.
St. James was established in 1924 and has been at its present location since 1926. It is a small one-room church and basement with a small congregation.
St. James is planning a Marvelous Tent Revival along with its annual Family & Friends Day, from Sept. 13 to 15. All are welcome.
Pictured, from left, are church member James Johnson, the Rev. Janice Johnson, the Rev. Dina Martin, the Rev. Yvonne Redd and Sandra Williams, church member.