This information is provided by the Indiana County Tourist Bureau. Times and dates are subject to change. All events are held in Indiana, unless otherwise noted.
• Church Picnic at Blue Spruce begins at 10:30 a.m. at Blue Spruce Park, 1128 Blue Spruce Road, Ernest. Come for the Annual Shared Ministry Church Picnic and Worship Service. Worship and fellowship begin at 10:30 a.m. with the picnic to follow. The ministry will provide meat and drinks. Those attending are asked to bring a covered side dish or dessert to share. Please bring your own plate and silverware. For information, call Hope Lutheran Church at (724) 479-9431 or visit www.findhopehere.net.
• The fifth annual Indiana County Alliance of Bikers Aimed Toward Education Ride and Dine for Shelter will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., starting at the Blairsville Eagles, 272 Old William Penn Hwy., Blairsville. There will be three to four stops along the way for snacks and drinks. The ride will end with a pig roast and basket raffle. The event is family-friendly. You don’t have to ride to attend the pig roast. All highway-worthy vehicles are invited. Registration for vehicles begins at 11:30 a.m. with kickstands up at 1 p.m. If attending, leave a comment or call the Day Center at (724) 464-5220 so enough food is provided. For information, call (724) 479-0714 or visit www.facebook.com/events/
• The Weird Paul Rock Band will perform at Summer Concerts in the Park from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Memorial Park, South Sixth Street. Paul is back to recording albums of fun indie-pop/punk, including his latest (and 28th), “Still Going Strong.” Having written or co-written over 700 songs, Paul has over 20 albums worth of music available for purchase (see www.weirdpaul.com). For information, email Judy Holliday at judy.holli
email@example.com or call (724) 840-7673.
THROUGH August 15
A Five-Day Beginner Fast-Pitch Softball Pitching Camp with Sue Snyder will be held from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at Play Ball Sports, 1830 Oakland Ave., White Township. Beginners are girls who have just started pitching or are not throwing strikes consistently yet. For information, email Mike and Penny Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (724) 801-8036 or visit www.playball
THROUGH August 24
August Afternoons will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Punxsutawney Weather Discovery Center, 201 N. Findley St., Punxsutawney. Drop by the center to enjoy a free activity with regular admission. Each week features a different weather topic that involves experiments and making a craft. Regular admission is $7 per person. Children under age 2 can enter for free. Center hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For information, email Marlene Lellock at marlene@weatherdiscov
August 12 to 18
The 1955 production of “The Man From Laramie” begins at 1 p.m. at the Jimmy Stewart Museum, 835 Philadelphia St. The movie stars Jimmy Stewart, Arthur Kennedy and Cathy O’Donnell. Stewart’s character seeks revenge after his brother is killed. For information, call (724) 349-6112 or visit www.jimmy.org.
The Families Affected by Mental Illness Support Group begins at 6 p.m. in Private Dining Room #1 at Indiana Regional Medical Center, 835 Hospital Road, White Township. The peer-led support group is for families who have loved ones affected by mental illness. The group is free, confidential, open to the public and meets every second Tuesday of the month. The group is sponsored by Behavioral Health Services at IRMC and the National Alliance on Mental Illness. For more information, contact Karla Shaffer at email@example.com or call (724) 762-9218.
• A Red Cross Blood Drive will be held from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Indiana VFW Post 1989, 824 Indian Springs Road, White Township. Give the gift of life. Call (800) 733-2767 or visit RedCrossBlood.org and enter VFW 1989 to schedule an appointment. For information, email Karen Sistek at Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org, call (800) 733-2767 or visit RedCross
• The Indiana County Farmers’ Market will be held from 3 to 5:30 p.m. along Wayne Avenue across from the Kovalchick Convention and Athletic Complex, White Township. For information, email Jenna Deardorff at email@example.com, call (239) 707-4770 or visit www.indianafarmmarket.blogspot.com.
• The Reveal, hosted by Leader’s Circle of Indiana County, will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Chestnut Ridge Golf Resort and Conference Center, 132 Pine Ridge Road, Blairsville. The free event is held as a part of the Indiana County Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours. The event is open to everyone, not just chamber members. The highlight of the night will be the introduction of this years’ finalists. There is no cost, but reservations are requested by calling (724) 465-2511. For information, email Jill Mountain at jmountain@indiana
countychamber.com or call (724) 465-2511.
• Community Time in the Indiana Community Garden will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays through October at the corner of Carter Avenue and South Sixth Street in Mack Park, White Township. Join other volunteers in helping plant and assist with garden-related activities. There is plenty to do for all ages, even for those who can only stay for part of the time. For information, email icg15701@gmail.
com, call (724) 422-0526 or visit indi
• Nature’s Magic Recyclers will be held from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the corner of South Sixth Street and Carter Avenue, White Township. Learn about worms and vermicompost while witnessing the “magic” of nature’s decomposers. For information or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (724) 422-0526.
• Summer Quest 2019: Universe of Stories, presented by the Burrell Township Library, will be held from 10 a.m. to noon at Black Lick United Methodist Church, 36 Walnut St., Black Lick.
For information, email burrelltown
email@example.com, call (724) 248-7122 or visit facebook/@burrell
• Salamander Room Story Time and Activity will be held from 2 to 3 p.m. at the Yellow Creek State Park Environmental Learning Center, 170 Route 259, Penn Run. The book “Salamander Room” will be read. Learn about a salamander’s habitat, build your own habitat and discuss the importance of leaving salamanders in the wild.
You will also get an up close look at our little friends. The program is geared for ages 4 to 9, and older siblings are welcome.
For information, email Lisa Meadows at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (724) 357-7913.
• The fifth annual Golden Tree Cup Championship Game and Beer will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at Mack Park Grandstand Fields, White Township. Levity Brewing Co. will host a beer garden along the sideline during the Indiana Women’s Flag Football League Championship. Beer sales begin at 6 p.m. To purchase and consume beer, you must be age 21 and over and stay within the confines of the beer garden.
For information, contact Kaycee Newell.