KENWOOD — The Penns Manor Area school board approved the hiring of an assistant cheerleading coach and accepted the resignation of the school’s musical director and an assistant track coach at its regular monthly meeting Thursday night.
Brittany Brownlee was hired as assistant cheerleading coach at a salary of $2,312.14, while the board accepted resignations of Anna Kerner as musical director and of Raymond Beisel as assistant track coach.
The school directors signed off on a raise to master’s plus-20 step 3 rank for elementary teacher Megan Matko, with a salary of $63,973 prorated to days remaining in the school year.
Also, Bethany Lemmon was taken on as an instructional assistant for 7.58 hours a day at a rate of $11.75 per hour.
The board also approved:
• A motion to authorize Timeless Expressions to install building signage in the amount of $4,954 as paid out of Capital Reserve funds. The project also received $825 from an anonymous donor.
• Mutual termination of the Technology Services agreement with ARIN Intermediate Unit 28, effective Aug. 31, after a technology coordinator and technician were hired to work full-time for the district.
• An addendum to the contract with Pressley Ridge Day School in Johnstown, Cambria County, dated July 1, 2017, which sets forth a per semester rate of $14,500 per student and an ESY summer rate of $1,100 per student.
• A school insurance proposal from Liberty Mutual, as presented by Walbeck Insurance, with a total premium of $50,758.
Other personnel actions included
• Hiring as sports volunteers for fall Faith Johns and Kaylee Roles (cheerleading); Kaitlin Dixon (silk squad); and Andrew Packer, Jeremy Hill and Nathan Miller (football).
• Adding Candice Brink, Karen Frank, Patty Ryan, Todd Surloff and Lori Fefolt as day-to-day substitutes in various areas.
• Adding Terry Watson, Brian Krug, Phillip Hill, Ginger Reeseman and Suzanne Rodriguez as drivers for Tri-County Transportation.