IT'S HAPPENING HERE
The events listed in “It’s Happening Here” are in Indiana unless otherwise noted.
• The annual Hoodlebug Summerfest will be held from noon to 8 p.m. in downtown Homer City. The event features live entertainment, parade, crafts, a bicycle poker run, kids zone and ethnic foods.
For more information, call (724) 479-2184.
• A Summer Weed Walk will begin at 2 p.m. at Blue Spruce Park Pavilion No. 4, 1128 Blue Spruce Road, near Ernest.
Join Cindy Rogers to find native and alien wild weeds in the park. Register by calling (724) 463-8636.
• The Hoodlebug 5K Run and Fun Walk will be held at 6 p.m. at Floodway Park in Homer City. The race is a fast and flat 5K on the streets of Homer City with part of the last mile on the Hoodlebug Trail. The cost is $17.
For more information, call Cory Fulmer of the Indiana Road Runners Club at (724) 541-0013 or visit www.indianaroadrunners.com.
• Frankie and Dave will perform from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at the Summer Concerts in the Park series at Memorial Park.
Bring a chair or blanket. For more information, call (724) 840-7673.
• The Mast Year will perform during a garden concert from 4 to 6 p.m. at Dillweed Bed and Breakfast, 7453 Route 403, Dilltown. Bring lawn chair and enjoy. For more information, visit www.dillweedinc.com.
• The Indiana County Farmers’ Market will be held from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the former BiLo parking lot along Wayne Avenue in White Township.
• The Chestnut Hills Social Center will hold an Italiana Dinner Fundraiser from 4 to 6:30 p.m. at the center, 26 Heybert Drive, Blairsville. There will be a wine and cheese hour with Raspberry Acres Winery providing samples of wine, with a representative answering questions and sharing knowledge about fine wines. Dinner will be served at 5 p.m. and includes pasta fagioli, salad, spaghetti and homemade meatballs with Italian bread, a beverage and spumoni or vanilla ice cream for dessert. Tickets are $6 and must be purchased by July 9.
For information, call (724) 459-5251.
The Strongstown Community Market will be held from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Old Schoolhouse in Strongstown.
July 17 and 18
A Christmas in July Yard Sale will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Indiana Social Center, 1001 Oak St. Call (724) 465-2697 for more information.
The Blairsville Farmers Market will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Tractor Supply parking lot in Blairsville.
• The Indiana County Farmers’ Market will be held from 9 a.m. to noon at Church and Eighth streets.
• Taste and Tour the Indiana Community Garden with Kay Snyder at 10 a.m. at J.S. Mack Community Center. See what’s growing at the garden and sample fresh food. Learn about plants, bugs, worms, composting, eating garden goodies, creating various types of gardens and using rain barrels to collect water. Hands-on children’s activities are scheduled. Register by calling (724) 463-8636.
• Summer Fest Celebration will be held from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at St. Andrew’s Village, 1155 Indian Springs Road, White Township. The annual car show, musical entertainment, picnic food and refreshments will be featured. There will be activities and games for children of all ages. Bring your blanket and lawn chair. No pets or alcoholic beverages are permitted. For more information, call (724) 464-1600.
• A Cruise Night will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. at the Indiana Mall, 2334 Oakland Ave., White Township, by Sears Auto Center. There will be door prizes, 50/50s, and music by DJ Jerry B. Street legal vehicles only. For more information, visit www.indianamall pa.com.
• Hiram and the Walkers will perform from 5 to 9 p.m. at Walnut Hill Winery, Burrell Township. No off-site alcohol permitted. For more information, call (724) 459-0132 or visit www.walnuthillwinery.com.
• Tim Ball will perform on the Whitey’s Peetza and Eatery patio, White Township, from 6 to 9 p.m. Reservations are recommended. For more information, visit www. whiteyspeetza.com.
July 19 to 20
“Call Northside 777” will be shown at 1 p.m. at the Jimmy Stewart Museum, 835 Philadelphia St. The movie stars Jimmy Stewart, Helen Walker and Lee J. Cobb. For more information, visit www.jimmy. org.
Christ our Savior Orthodox Church, at the corner of Tanoma Road and Route 286. Rayne Township, will serve a Ham and Holupki Dinner from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The public is welcome. Dinners are $10 for adults, $3 for children ages 5 to 12 and children under the age of 4 eat for free. For more information, call (724) 463-1535.
This information is provided by the Indiana County Tourist Bureau. Event times and places are subject to change.