A Rayne Township house was struck by lightning early today, causing heavy smoke in the structure along Grove Chapel Road.
The Marion Center Volunteer Fire department reported on its Facebook page that the fire was located and extinguished.
It was “under control within 10 minutes with minimal damage confined to one bedroom,” fire officials said.
No injuries were reported.
According to the Indiana County Emergency Management Agency, the Marion Center, Indiana and Creekside fire departments were dispatched shortly after midnight, along with the Citizens’ Ambulance Service.