The Indiana Art Association is offering exhibits of members’ artwork at the following locations:
• Ambulatory Building at IRMC, 835 Hospital Road, White Township. Works by Glenn Himes, Colleen Wakefield and Kasey Hagens can be viewed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Ambulatory Surgical Associates, 841 Hospital Road, White Township. Pieces by Cathy Strate. Hours are Monday through Friday 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Indiana County Chamber of Commerce, 1019 Philadelphia St., Indiana. Pieces by Kasey Hagens and JD Varner. Open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Urgi Care Facility at IRMC, 875 Hospital Road, White Township. Works by Dayas Silvis. Pieces can be viewed Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The Artists Hand Gallery, 732 Philadelphia St., Indiana. Works by Pamela Stefanik. Gallery hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Indiana Art Association will also offer Calligraphy Class with Cindi Kordell from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 29 at The Artists Hand. For more information, visit the association’s website or Facebook page.
The Unitarian Universalist Church Winter Exhibit will be on display through Feb. 15 with the works of Matt Bartus, Ya-Huei Chen, Joy Fairbanks, Glenn Himes, Joe Van Hannak, Colleen Wakefield and Cheri Widzowski. For viewing hours, call (724) 349-2776.
The Historical and Genealogical Society of Indiana County presents new and ongoing exhibits:
• Rising To The Occasion: featuring the designs of Louise Welch, curated by Samantha Barna. This fashion exhibit features the gowns designed and made by Indiana County dressmaker Louise Welch. During the 1950s, Welch created beautiful formal gowns and dresses that were worn by her daughter Joan Welch McCreary and her friends for various events including proms and pageants. This exhibit portrays the skill and ability of one very talented individual as well as the fashions of this particular decade.
• A Physician’s Equipment: a permanent exhibit showcasing the tools of the trade of one of Indiana County’s prominent physicians, Dr. Evans.
• The Indiana Chapter of the American Red Cross: artifacts and memorabilia from Indiana County women who served as members of the Red Cross.
• The Indiana County Memorial to the Veterans: a permanent, yet ever-evolving exhibit which details every military event that members of Indiana County have been involved in, from the Revolutionary War to the latest conflicts in the Middle East.
• Other permanent exhibits including A History of Coal Mining and the Lumber Industry in early Indiana County History.
Museum hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays; closed Sundays and Mondays. For information, call (724) 463-9600.
Visit the website at www.hgsic.com.
The University Museum of Indiana University of Pennsylvania will present the following:
• Dr. Kabala’s Cabinet of Wonders: Highlights from a Collection, Feb. 11 to March 6, with a reception at 6 p.m. Feb. 8.
• MFA Thesis Exhibition, March 31 to April 25, with a reception at 6 p.m. March 28
• The University Museum Goes Downtown: Polish Posters, April 8 to 27, at The Artists Hand Gallery, downtown Indiana. A reception will be at 6 p.m. April 10.
The University Museum is on the first floor of Sutton Hall. University Museum hours are: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 2- 6:30 p.m.; Thursday, noon-7:30 p.m.; and Saturday, noon-4 p.m. The museum is closed Sunday, Monday and University holidays.
Kipp Gallery at IUP will present the following:
• Associated Artists of Pittsburgh Member Exhibition, Tuesday to Feb. 14
• 2020 BA and BFA Exhibition, April 30 to May 8, with a reception at 5 p.m. April 30
Kipp Gallery is located in Sprowls Hall. Hours are: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 2- 6:30 p.m.; Thursday, noon-7:30 p.m.; and Saturday, noon-4 p.m. The gallery is closed Sunday, Monday and University holidays.
The Artists Hand Gallery, 732 Philadelphia St., Indiana, will present “Painting the Dance” to Feb. 8. A public reception is set for 6 to 8 p.m. Friday.
For more information, visit theartistshandgallery.com.
The Jimmy Stewart Museum, 835 Philadelphia St., Indiana, will present the following movies on a daily basis at 1 p.m., changing weekly:
The schedule is:
• “Made for Each Other,” through Sunday
• “You Gotta Stay Happy,” through Sunday
• “Magic Town,” Monday to Jan. 26
• “You Can’t Take it with You,” Jan. 27 to Feb. 2
Museum admission: Members, free; adults, $9; seniors, military, students with ID, $8; children 7 to 17, $7; children younger than 7, free. Prices are subject to change. Movies are included with admission to the museum.
Museum hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and noon to 4 p.m. Sundays.
The Mountainview Square Dance Club dances every Friday at 7:30 p.m. in the Blairsville High School cafeteria.
All modern western square dancers are welcome. The club offers beginning dancing for anyone who would like to learn to square dance.
Lessons are from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Friday and Jan. 24. Both singles and couples are welcome.
Refreshments will be served. For more information, contact Norm at (724) 388-1909.
The Thunderbolts do A-1 and A-2 square dancing from 7 to 9:30 p.m. every Tuesday in the cafeteria of the Blairsville High School. All advanced dancers welcome. For more information, call Norm at (724) 388-1909.
The Indiana Players will present“Fuddy Meers” at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, 8, 14 and 15 and at 2:30 p.m. Feb. 9 and 16
at The Philadelphia Street Playhouse, downtown Indiana.
Tickets are available on the website at www.indianaplayers.com, by calling the theater at (724) 464-0725 or at the box office if not sold out.
Theater-by-the-Grove at IUP will present “The Acorn Project,” 7:30 p.m. April 22 to 25, Waller Studio Theater, IUP Performing Arts Center. Tickets for this event will be available for sale two weeks prior.
The Lively Arts at IUP will present the following:
• Imani Winds, 8 p.m. Jan. 30, Gorell Recital Hall, Sutton Hall, second floor
• River City Brass, “Brasstacular,” 8 p.m. Feb. 7, Fisher Auditorium, IUP Performing Arts Center
• Mummenschanz, Les Musiciens Du Silence, “you & me,” 7 p.m. Feb. 14, Fisher Auditorum, IUP Performing Arts Center
• West Virginia Dance Company, 8 p.m. April 9, Fisher Auditorium, IUP Performing Arts Center
The Sound Choices series at IUP will present IUP Jazz Festival, 7 p.m. April 18, Fisher Auditorium, IUP Performing Arts Center.
IUP Dance Theater will present “It’s Just a Bunch of ‘Hocus Pocus’” at 7 p.m. March 27 and 28 and 2 p.m. March 29 at Zink Dance Theater, Zink Hall, second floor.
IUP Music Theater and Theater-by-the-Grove will present “Don Giovanni (Don Juan)” at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 27 through 29 and 2 p.m. March 1 at Waller Hall Mainstage, IUP Performing Arts Center.
The Kovalchick Convention and Athletic Complex will present
• I Am King, The Michael Jackson Experience, 2:30 and 7:30 p.m. Jan. 25
• That Golden Girls Show: A Puppet Parody, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 13 and 14
• Harlem Globetrotters, 7 p.m. Feb. 25
• Robin: The Ultimate Robin Williams Tribute Experience, 7:30 p.m. March 6
• Monster X Tour, 7:30 p.m. March 27 and 1:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. March 28
For more information, visit www.kovalchickcomplex.com.