One of the longest-serving employees in Indiana County government turned in her retirement notice Tuesday.
Tammie Shetler, a senior records clerk at the Indiana County Jail, submitted her resignation to the county salary board for consideration at the board’s biweekly meeting.
With regret, the board accepted her notice. County Human Resources Director Melissa Miller reported Shetler, of Robinson, has worked nearly 34 years for the county.
In other business, the salary board — consisting of Commissioners Rodney Ruddock and Michael Baker and Treasurer Kimberly McCullough — also approved:
• Indiana County Emergency Management Agency part-time dispatchers Terry Gardner and Justin LaRock, upon completion of training on June 3 and June 17 respectively, at salaries of $14.89 an hour.
• A position change for full-time dispatch supervisor Clifford Clawson Jr. to part-time dispatch supervisor at $18.49 an hour effective June 9.
• Promotion of John Thompson from full-time ICEMA dispatcher to full-time dispatch supervisor at $18.49 an hour effective June 9.
• Promotion of Nikolas Schuller-Sharbaugh from full-time dispatcher to full-time dispatch supervisor at $18.49 an hour effective June 9.
• With regret, the resignation of part-time ICEMA dispatcher Emily Vojtek effective March 31.
• The resignation of part-time dispatcher Ryan Gordon effective May 10.
• The termination of part-time deputy sheriff Jamie Speelman effective May 31.
• The hiring of Adrian Poux and Noah Miller as part-time deputy sheriffs at $17.43 an hour effective July 1 and July 22.
• The hiring of Brandon Spicuzza as a part-time correctional officer at $14.30 an hour retroactive to June 21.
The salary board also:
• Simultaneously hired Joshua Burbank as a part-time correctional officer at $14.30 an hour effective June 5 and accepted his resignation effective June 13.
• Simultaneously hired Adam Romagna as a part-time correctional officer at $14.30 an hour beginning June 5 and accepted his resignation effective June 7.
• Hired Ashley Clever as a part-time correctional officer at $14.30 an hour effective June 5.
• Accepted the resignation of full-time correctional officer Jason Penich effective May 24.
• Hired Tyler Hill as a full-time clerk typist III in the Indiana County Children & Youth Services Office at $11.43 an hour effective July 1.
• Hired Anna Brady as a full-time caseworker I at ICCYS for $15.20 an hour beginning July 8.
• Terminated P. Parker Boerner, a part-time department clerk in the Register and Recorder office, effective June 17.
• Hired Karen Bassaro as a part-time department clerk in the Register and Recorder office at $9.44 an hour starting July 8.
• Accepted the resignation of full-time Chief Deputy Coroner Andrew Bell effective June 5.
• Hired Rebecca Meyer as a part-time department clerk in the Treasurer’s office at $9.44 an hour effective July 8.
• Terminated Amanda Hazlett, a full-time certified nurse aide at Indian Haven, effective June 13, and Theresa Kinney, a full-time housekeeping aide, effective June 19.
• Accepted the resignations of full-time certified nurse aides Alysha Rand effective May 15, Allison Galentine effective May 22, and Carrie Spade effective June 22, and full-time licensed practical nurse Virginia Engle effective June 26.
• Hired at the Indian Haven home Samantha McQuown, per diem certified nurse, at $18 an hour effective June 3; Vallie Blazavich, full-time certified nurse aid, at $11.95 an hour effective June 4; Bobbie Jo Verstreate, part-time activity aide at $10 an hour effective July 10; and Holly Orr, Ashlynn McCullough, Destiny Sprague, Karen Coffman and Arthur Crusan, all as full-time certified nurse aides at $11.95 an hour effective July 28.
• Changed Rachel Miller from full-time dietary aide to full-time housekeeping aide at $10.61 an hour effective June 24.
• Changed Mary White from part-time housekeeping aide to full-time certified nurse aide at $11.95 an hour effective July 28.