Area churches to hold Easter season services
The following area churches will hold services to mark the Easter season:
• Calvary Bible Church, 2712 Pine Vale Road, Rochester Mills. Early service, 8 a.m. April 20, followed by a covered-dish fellowship breakfast. Easter cantata, 11 a.m. April 20. Evening service, 6 p.m. April 20.
• Cherry Tree Presbyterian Church. Good Friday service, 7:30 p.m. April 18.
• Cornerstone Worship Center, 500 Lenz Road, White Township. Easter Sunrise service, 6:30 a.m., April 20, in the sanctuary. Pastor Walter Marr will present the Easter story in first person from the view of the soldier that stood at the tomb of Jesus on that beautiful Resurrection Day. A light breakfast will follow the service.
• Dayton United Methodist Church. Easter egg hunt, 11 a.m. April 12 at the Christian Life Center for children up to and including sixth grade. Palm Sunday Worship, 10:55 a.m. April 13. Contemporary worship, 6 p.m. April 13. Holy Thursday worship, 7 p.m. April 17 at Smicksburg United Methodist Church. Good Friday service, 7:30 p.m. April 18, The Service of Shadows (Tenebrae). Easter Sunrise Service, 7 a.m. April 20, the Contemporary Worship Band will lead, followed by brunch. Easter worship, 10:55 a.m. No evening service April 20.
• First Unitarian Universalist Church, Indiana. Easter pancake breakfast, 9:30. Preacher: The Rev. Joan M. Sabatino. Worship associate: Nonna Randal. Special music: Lori Rittle, piano.
• Independent Traditional Holiness Church, 5065 Ferguson Road, Indiana. Maundy Thursday, 7 p.m. April 17, in the Fellowship building. Sunrise service, 7 a.m. Easter Sunday, April 20, in the parking lot facing the cross. Following the service, breakfast will be served in the Fellowship building. In case of rain, the service will be held in the Fellowship hall. The children and youths of the church will present an Easter program at 9:45 a.m. April 20, followed by worship at 10:40 a.m. A 6 p.m. service will also be held Easter Sunday.
• Marion Center First United Methodist Church. Good Friday worship service, 7 p.m.
• Penn Run Church of the Brethren, Penn Run. Maundy Thursday, 7 p.m. April 17, Pastor Jeff Fackler. “We Will Understand.” Scriptures: John 13:1-17, 31b-35; Good Friday, 7 p.m. April 18, “I Will Not Fall Away.” Scripture: Mark 14:26-31. Resurrection Sunday morning worship, 10:30 a.m. April 20, “Go and Tell.” Matthew 28:1-10.
• Penn Run Wesleyan Church, Penn Run. Penn Run area community sunrise service, 7 a.m. April 20.
• Shelocta Community Presbyterian Church. Maundy Thursday, April 17: The Rev. Peter Bower, “A Vigil of Remembrance,” Youth Group, Communion. Easter sunrise service, 6:30 a.m., April 20, Worship Committee. Easter Service, 10 a.m., April 20, the Rev. Ann Miner, Easter cantata: “There Stands The Cross.”
• Spring Church Lutheran Church. Maundy Thursday worship, 8 p.m. April 17. Good Friday Tenebrae worship service, 6:30 p.m., April 18. Easter sunrise service, 6:30 a.m. April 20, at the pavilion, coffee and doughnuts to follow in the social hall. Pastor John K. Ludwig presiding.