Bolivar carnival to start Wednesday
BOLIVAR — The annual Firemen’s Carnival, sponsored by the Bolivar Volunteer Fire Company, will be held Wednesday through July 13 at the fire hall. The carnival grounds will be open from 7 to 11 p.m.
Nightly events are:
• Wednesday: DJ Todd Wilkins, 7 to 11 p.m.
• Thursday: Firemen’s parade, 7 p.m.
DJ Tony Pecora, 8 to 11 p.m.
• Friday: DJ Nomad Multisports, 7 to 11 p.m.
• Saturday: DJ Organized Chaos, 7 to 11 p.m.
Fireworks display, 11 p.m.
Firemen are selling the following items:
• Discount “Ride All Night” wristband coupons at a reduced price of $10. There are 150 of these available that can be purchased from the firemen or from local stores until Tuesday. Save $2 on the price of the wristband, and nightly at 11 there will be a drawing on the coupon stubs. Ride-all-night wristbands will be available on the carnival grounds at full price.
• “Double Your Money” tickets are available from any of the firemen before the start of the carnival and each night of the carnival. Each night at 11, a drawing of the Double Your Money tickets will be held and if you are present to claim your prize in 89 seconds, you can double the amount of money you win. Basic prize amounts on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights are $50; and on Saturday, $250.
Any business, organization or individual that would like to be a nightly entertainment sponsor or a fireworks sponsor is asked to call John Speidel at (724) 676-4714 or download the forms at the Bolivar VFC website, www.bolivarvfc. com.