BRUSH VALLEY TOWNSHIP: Officials to submit natural gas map
Brush Valley Township will submit a map to a natural gas company of residents interested in natural gas lines for their homes.
The map will be sent to Peoples TWP.
Residents who are not yet included on the map but would like to be should call the township at (724) 479-3358 by May 20.
If there is enough interest, Peoples will provide a cost estimate for households within that area.
In other business at Monday’s meeting, the supervisors:
• Received a liquid fuels allocation for 2013 of $126,476.99 and a turnback allocation of $4,360.
• Approved repairs on portions of Hoffman Road. The patching repairs, by Sharp Paving, will cost an estimated $4,980.
• Approved a permit for Amfire Mining Co. LLC to conduct exploration drilling along Spruce Hollow Road.
• Announced that the Brush Valley fire department will hold a chicken barbecue with full meals available beginning at 11 a.m. Sunday at the fire hall.
• Announced fundraisers for Jim Anderson, a double-lung transplant recipient. A spaghetti dinner will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the fire hall, and a basket bash will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. May 19.
• Announced a blood drive is set for noon to 6 p.m. May 20 at the fire hall. Walk-ins are welcome. To schedule an appointment, call (800) RED-CROSS or visit redcrossblood.org.