BRUSH VALLEY: Township supervisors award paving contracts
Brush Valley Township supervisors awarded a contract for a paving project at this week’s meeting.
The $59,670 contract was awarded to Quaker Sales Corp. of Johnstown. The project will pave a portion of Longs Road, according to Secretary Robin Brilhart.
The supervisors also awarded bids for various oils to Suit-Kote for $68,025.
In other business, the supervisors:
• Announced the date for the community yard sale has been set for June 7. Residents can have their sale location placed on a map for free by contacting Brilhart at (724) 479-3358 or brushvalleytwp@verizon. net.
In addition, supervisors announced Brush Valley barbecue chicken will be sold Sunday on Mother’s Day, as well as during the community yard sale.
• Reminded the public that planning meetings for Brush Valley Day are the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the fire hall.
• Announced passes to take a 1-ton load to Evergreen Landfill are available at a reduced rate for township residents by calling Brilhart.
• Will pay a $100 donation per site for a year of water quality monitoring by Conemaugh Valley Conservancy.
• Announced that data collectors for the county tax reassessment are now working in the township.
• Announced a blood drive will take place from 1 to 7 p.m. May 27 at the fire hall.