Dayton Fair continues through Saturday
The Dayton Fair opened Sunday and continues daily through Saturday. See a schedule of events and check back for photos throughout the week.
On Wednesday, Leann Livingston and her children Trenton, 10 months, and Milo, 11, watched the "Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean." (Teri Enciso/Gazette)
And, Morgan Hrabczuk, 13, daughter of Heath Hrabczuk and Loren Altman, of Kittanning, and her friend Riley Prugh, 12, daughter of Eric and Kellie Prugh, of Kittanning, washed "Bobo" the steer after Riley had shown him on Wednesday.
Throughout the week, you may see musical duo Dan and Galla driving their golf cart, blowing bubbles and playing the accordion. (Teri Enciso/Gazette)
During the fair on Monday, Billy Bracken, in car No. 6, was among the competitors during the demolition derby. The fair continues all week at the fairgounds in Armstrong County near Dayton. (Teri Enciso/Gazette)
Abigail Biesinger, of Ford City, was crowned Sunday by Katie Kasanicky, the outgoing fair queen. (James J. Nestor/Gazette photo)
Biesinger reacted when her name was announced as the winner. Also pictured are contestants Shania Defoor, center, of Ringgold, and Elizabeth Cornish, of Dayton.
Other contestants were Leah Cessna, of Dayton; Mikaela Layhew, of Templeton; Mary Wadding, of Dayton; and Kara Zolocsik, of Dayton.
Schedule of events:
Military/Veterans Appreciation Day, Golden Agers Day, Grange Day — free admission all day with no grandstand admission
• 9 a.m.: Judging light horses, performance classes, horse arena
• Noon: Harness racing, grandstand
• 6:30 p.m.: Junior livestock auction
• 7 p.m.: 4x4 mud bog, grandstand
• 9 a.m.: Judging light horse youth show, horse arena
• 10 a.m.: Premier showman contest, livestock show complex
• 1-3 p.m.: 4-H and Vocational Ag Contest, livestock show complex
• 2 p.m.: Animal dress up contest, dairy show arena
• 6 p.m.: Freestyle performance to music, horse arena
• 7:30 p.m.: Demolition derby, grandstand
• 9 a.m.: Equine Fun Show, horse arena
Ag Olympics (formerly Family Day Events), livestock show complex
Sketching contest — report to fair office for materials
• 2 p.m.: Woodcarving auction
• 4 p.m.: Hog-calling contest, free stage
• 8 p.m.: Love and Theft, grandstand
Fireworks by Starfire Corp. to follow concert, grandstand
• Midnight: Release of livestock, dairy and horse exhibits
8 a.m.-noon: Release 4-H/FFA livestock; release of all main exhibit building entries