INDIANA COUNTY ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
The Artists Hand Gallery, 732 Philadelphia St., Indiana, will present:
• Open studio for artists, 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday. A monetary donation for use of the space is appreciated.
For more information, go to www.theartistshandgallery.com. Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday; and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
The Indiana County Historical Museum, 621 Wayne Ave., Indiana, presents the following programs:
• Indiana Open Arts Exhibit, Saturday through Jan. 11. The show is sponsored by the Indiana Art Association, the Indiana Historical Society and the Indiana Garden Club.
• Early cleaning methods, an exhibit focused on antique sweepers, vacuum cleaners and their predecessor, the rug beater
• “Celebrating 100 Years of Girl Scouting,” an exhibit of uniforms, badges and other Girl Scout memorabilia
• 150th anniversary of the Civil War display, a look at the soldiers and civilians affected by the War Between the States
• “The One Room School House in Indiana County,” photographs and artifacts documenting the county’s early schools
• Continuous exhibits detailing the history of Indiana County, including the coal mining, Native Americans and military personnel
Museum hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday; closed Sunday and Monday. For information, call (724) 463-9600.
The Historical and Genealogical Society of Indiana County is hosting “A Dickens of a Christmas” open house from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at the Clark House and Armory Museum, 621 Wayne Ave., Indiana, with holiday-themed music performances by the Indiana Community Choir and the Sweet Adelines.
Join in singing carols by the antique pump organ, played by the society’s own Coralie Hershman, and peruse the decorated Clark House. Also, there will be book signing by the authors of “A Country School Primer: One Room Schools of Indiana County.” Refreshments will be available.
Admission is free and everyone is welcome. Call (724)463-9600 for more information.
Kovalchick Convention and Athletic Complex, Wayne Avenue, White Township, will present:
• B.E. Taylor Christmas Concert, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 20
• The Harlem Globetrotters, 7 p.m. Dec. 27
• The Fresh Beat Band, 5 p.m. Jan. 19
• Justin Moore, 7 p.m. Feb. 12, with Randy Houser and Josh Thompson.
Festival of Lights, today through Jan. 1, Blue Spruce Park, near Ernest. See more than 80 light displays, including animation, during a 2-mile drive around the lake. Hours are 5:30 to 10 p.m. Visit with Santa in the gift shop from 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday and Dec. 14, 15, 21 and 22. For more information, go to www.indianacountyparks.org.
The Jimmy Stewart Museum, 835 Philadelphia St., Indiana, will present the holiday classic “It’s a Wonderful Life,” a 1946 production starring Stewart and Donna Reed at 1 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Jan. 4 in the third-floor theater. An angel helps a compassionate but despairingly frustrated businessman by showing him what life would have been like if he never existed.
Museum admission: members, free; adults, $7; seniors, military, students with ID, $6; children 7 to 17, $5; children under 7, free. Prices are subject to change without notice. Movies are included with admission to the museum, which is currently hosting the special exhibit “Selections from our Collections.”
For more information, call (724) 349-6112 or go to www.jimmy.org.
The Indiana Players will present the following shows in the Philadelphia Street Playhouse, 725 Philadelphia St.:
• “Mrs. Bob Cratchit’s Wild Christmas Binge,” 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and Dec. 20 and 21, and 2:30 p.m. Sunday and Dec. 22.
• “You Can’t Take it with You,” 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, 8, 11,15, and 2:30 p.m. Feb. 9 and 16.
• “A Woman Called Truth,” 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21 and 22 and 2:30 p.m. Feb. 23. A staged dramatic reading of the Sojourner Truth story in recognition of Black History Month.
• “Glengarry Glen Ross,” 7:30 p.m. March 28 and 29 and April 4 and 5, and 2:30 p.m. March 30 and April 6.
• “I Remember Mama,” 7:30 p.m. May 9, 10, 16 and17, and 2:30 p.m. May 11 and 18.
For reservations, call (724) 464-0725. Tickets can be purchased online at www.indianaplayers.com.