IT'S HAPPENING HERE
The events listed in “It’s Happening Here” are in Indiana unless otherwise noted.
• Michael W. Smith will perform at 8 p.m. at the Kovalchick Convention and Athletic Complex, 711 Pratt Drive, White Township. Smith, a Christian mainstream artist, will be joined by special guest Jason Crabb. For information, visit www.kovalchickcomplex.com.
• Four Footed Friends is holding a basket party at noon at the Holiday Inn Courtyard, 1395 Wayne Ave., White Township. Tickets will be available at the door. For more information, call (724) 349-1144.
• The Indiana Players will present “A Raisin in the Sun” at 2:30 p.m. at the Philadelphia Street Playhouse, 725 Philadelphia St. The story is based on a black family’s experiences in the Washington Park subdivision of Chicago’s Woodlawn neighborhood. For more information, call (724) 464-0725 or visit www.indianaplayers.org.
• Smicksburg’s Old-Fashioned Country Christmas Open House will continue from noon to 5 p.m. in Smicksburg. Enjoy holiday crafts and refreshments. For more information, call (814) 257-0192 or visit www.smicksburg.net.
• Two one-act operas will be presented at 2 p.m. on the Waller Hall Mainstage, IUP. These comic operas feature layer upon layer of misunderstandings with young lovers, delusional neighbors and a domineering father.
For more information, visit www.iup.edu/livelyarts.
Lively Arts will present Koresh Dance at 8 p.m. in Fisher Auditorium, IUP. Known for its engaging performance and technically superb dancers, Koresh Dance Company’s critically acclaimed work continues to attract large audiences. For more information, visit www.iup.edu/livelyarts.
• Geocaching will be presented by the Evergreen Conservancy from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Lakeside Center of Blue Spruce Park, 1128 Blue Spruce Road, near Ernest. Andy Davis will present “Geocaching 101.” For more information, call (724) 471-6020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Seniors Giving Back to the Community will be held at 5 p.m. at the Indiana Social Center, 1001 Oak St. The spaghetti dinner costs $5 and supports Four Footed Friends. Tickets must be purchased in advance; call (724) 465-2697.
• A Wine Walk sponsored by Downtown Indiana will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. in downtown Indiana. Ten wineries will be participating. Tickets are on sale now: presale tickets cost $20 per person, $35 per couple. All tickets will be $25 the night of the event. Tickets are limited. For more information, call (724) 463-6110.
Smicksburg’s Cookie Tour will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Smicksburg. Visit participating shops and sample the treats. For more information, visit www.smicksburg.net.
• A Veterans Day Parade will begin at 11 a.m. in downtown Indiana. For more information, visit www.downtownindiana.org.
• A Civil War Memorial dedication will be held immediately following the Veterans Day Parade at the Silas M. Clark House, Wayne Avenue. The Indiana County Civil War Memorial Committee invites the community to the dedication honoring Indiana County’s Civil War veterans. For more information, visit suvwcamp43.wordpress.com.
Lively Arts presents “Baby Wants Candy” at 8 p.m. at Indiana Area Senior High School on North Fifth Street.
The lights go down and the audience joins the improve show by shouting out titles of musicals that have never been performed before. For more information, visit www.iup.edu/livelyarts.
The It’s a Wonderful Life Parade will be held at 7 p.m. in downtown Indiana.
A tree lighting and activities at the Jimmy Stewart Museum and the Indiana Theater follow the parade. For more information, call (724) 463-6110.
Santa will arrive at the Indiana Mall, 2334 Oakland Ave., White Township, at 11:30 a.m. Santa will be located in front of his castle in the JC Penney hallway.
For information, visit www.indianamallpa.com.
Nov. 28 to Dec. 1
The Festival of Lights will be held from 5:30 to 10 p.m. at Blue Spruce Park, 1128 Blue Spruce Road, near Ernest. Look at more than 80 light displays, including animation, as you drive through the park on a two-mile route around the lake. For more information, visit www.indianacountyparks.org.
Nov. 30 to Dec. 1
Fleming’s Christmas Tree Farms Family Fun will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Christmas Tree Farm, 1803 Fleming Road, Armstrong Township.
Cut down a fresh tree; enjoy the gift shop.
For more information, visit www.flemingschristmastrees.com.
All information for this column is provided by the Indiana County Tourist Bureau. All dates and times are subject to change. For more information, call the bureau at (724) 463-7505.