Library offers free programs
The Indiana Free Library welcomes everyone to these free programs for all ages the week of Dec. 15:
The Shape of the Letter, 10:30 to 11 a.m.: “An Oval Forms the Letters U and J.” For pre-readers. (Children’s department)
Toddler Tales, 10:30 a.m.: The fall schedule of programs concludes with a special holiday celebration featuring a reading of Clement Moore’s classic poem “A Visit from St. Nicholas.” Holiday songs and a special craft will complete this program. Especially for 1- and 2-year-olds. (Children’s department)
• Preschool Story Time, 10:30 a.m.: The featured book, “Maisy’s Snowy Christmas Eve,” has animal friends celebrating together. Songs and a special holiday craft will complete this celebration. For children ages 3 to 5. (Children’s department)
• Knitting Class, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.: Learn to knit or improve your skills. Beginners and experienced knitters welcome. This is the last class of the year. (Community room)
• Crafty Wednesday, 7 p.m.: “Bug Bell.” This cute little bug will look perfect on any table. For all ages. (Children’s department)
• Book Babies, 10:30 a.m.: “First Holidays.” For little ones from birth to 18 months. (Children’s department)
• Pins and Patches Quilting Group, 1 to 3 p.m.: Beginners and experienced quilters welcome. No experience necessary. (Community room)
• Elementary School Age Program, 11 to 11:30 a.m.: Features a craft project. (Children’s department)
• The IFL welcomes local author James B. Struzzi II, who is president of the Indiana Chamber of Commerce. He will be sharing his books “The Christmas Surprise” and “Jacob’s Haunting” as well as holding a book signing/sale at 11 a.m.
o o o
There are openings on the library board of trustees for 2014 terms. The library is seeking community leaders who are passionate about libraries and want to make a difference through service on the library board. Terms are three years with a limit of three terms. Ask at the front desk for an application form.
The Indiana Free Library is located at Ninth and Philadelphia streets. All programs are free and open to the public.
Visit www.indianafreelibrary.com for updates, or call the library at (724) 465-8841.