NARFE elects officers
NARFE Indiana Area Chapter 2124 elected officers for 2014. This leadership team comes from various federal Civil service backgrounds:
• Don George (33 years in the U.S. Postal Service) is the secretary and legislative officer.
• Jack Stile (38 years in the Postal Service) is president, having provided leadership to this chapter for the past two years.
• William Runco (39 years in the Postal Service) is treasurer and Alzheimer’s Fund chairman.
• Ed Palchesko (24 years in the Postal Service) is vice president.
• Jeane Hinton (37 years in the Federal Aviation Administration) is the newsletter editor, who publishes bi-monthly newsletters.
The NARFE Indiana chapter holds monthly meetings and luncheons on the fourth Wednesday of each month at Hoss’s Steak and Sea House. A major project the chapter endorses is the Alzheimer’s organization; during the past year, NARFE members contributed $279 to the National Alzheimer’s Fund.
The group will meet next at 11:30 a.m. on Jan. 22.
The officers will highlight relevant issues for retirees and any upcoming legislation that may impact the active federal workforce and retirees.
[PHOTO: Standing, from left, are Don George, Jack Stile and William Runco. Seated are Ed Palchesko and Jeane Hinton. (Submitted photo)]